Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have v1.1 and it has a "zapper" that detects LIARS and gives them 240v electric shock.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Palm/Sprint should be on top of it though. An email asking how we like the experience so far, blah, blah, along with some of the things they have planned for the next update would be nice.

They have emails registered on every palm profile. This isn't very hard to do.

They have Sprint reps taking lists of issues/feature requests at buzzaboutwireless.com
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Ditto. And I aim to misbehave.
    Well that would make us big damn heroes then wouldn't it.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    IF they don't add custom tones for alerts, EAS fixes, and other "trivial things" that aren't difficult to add & more basic phones have (like my Nokia 2610), the Pre is going bye bye.

I'm willing to bet my good health, and disease free body -- you don't. Unless you work for Palm, or are a Sprint Sys Engineer. OR a black hat, who brewed had/has access to the SDK and brewed your own system, hacking the SDK enabling low level access to the hardware and necessary firmware APIs.
    I agree!! FULL OF CRAP IF U ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by maykinit View Post
    Yes, smart former Apple folks who recognize and realize the fan base that exists out there waiting for the latest and greatest device that does PIM right.
    Apple has shown no evidence that they understand how to do PIM software correctly.

The ex-Apple people now running Palm have shown they don't care about the old PalmOS PIM user base.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    And how do you suppose they're going to fix that via software update (which is what this thread is all about)?
    stop people from throwing it?
    video recording will be a nice touch. can't wait to see them roll this out.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Check out this thread for a fix.
    thanks carl,
    I did read your post , and will try that.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Palm was the tip of the top back when PIM was the main focus of PDA users. Currently, the focus market has shifted dramatically from one that wanted contact/calendar info-at-the-fingertips to multimedia and social networking. The latter of which Apple did quite well.
    Add a browser to the list.
    The days of using phone for browsing important things is here.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Apple has shown no evidence that they understand how to do PIM software correctly.

The ex-Apple people now running Palm have shown they don't care about the old PalmOS PIM user base.
    The issue is not figuring out PIM, it is simply that hardcore PALM old timers are becoming a minority consumers.

When PALM ruled the mobile phone market with PIM, there was no such thing called a Google calender or facebook.

The way PALM can make money is get old timers to buy more or get new consumers to buy old PALM.

Unfortunately the neo smart phone users pre-fer a Pre type device rather than old PIM style apps.

PIM is better in terms of functionality , but won't get the neo Pre-fects excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    I'm willing to bet my good health, and disease free body -- you don't. Unless you work for Palm, or are a Sprint Sys Engineer. OR a black hat, who brewed had/has access to the SDK and brewed your own system, hacking the SDK enabling low level access to the hardware and necessary firmware APIs.
    Modular also posted things about the Pre that turned out to be true before it was released, so I wouldn't be so quick to discount him.

... As an example, when someone from another board said that the Pre would have visual voicemail but it wasn't working, and got everyone's hopes up, Modular (correctly) pointed out at the time that the Pre did not have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Modular also posted things about the Pre that turned out to be true before it was released, so I wouldn't be so quick to discount him.

... As an example, when someone from another board said that the Pre would have visual voicemail but it wasn't working, and got everyone's hopes up, Modular (correctly) pointed out at the time that the Pre did not have it.
    Yeah, after I questioned him and then went back and read some of his posts from before the pre was released, I'd say there is a pretty good chance he is using or has used the new update.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post

Good thing there "is an app for that"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I just want an update that allows me to assign new tones to text and email messages. My only gripe about the phone right now.
    with you on that...so annoying....
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Palm was the tip of the top back when PIM was the main focus of PDA users. Currently, the focus market has shifted dramatically from one that wanted contact/calendar info-at-the-fingertips to multimedia and social networking. The latter of which Apple did quite well.
    +1 - exactly.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    I agree!! FULL OF CRAP IF U ASK ME
    Right......whatever you say.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Haha, love it when stuff like that happens. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post

Hacks!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    ahhhh so no updates to functionality only bug fixes in 1.0.3? ahh i hope not
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    ahhhh so no updates to functionality only bug fixes in 1.0.3? ahh i hope not
    Id prefer they work on bug fixes and performance of the UI versus new feature any day!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast