Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbeutler View Post
    That's a tad creepy O.O
    How is that creepy? Parenting has changed with the times for better or worse.

I hope they fix the memory leaks. Last night I did not have any cards open and I tried to open an app and it told me I had to close cards first, so I had to power off/on.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seems I remember it was released with 1.05, updated to 1.06 and 1.07. Might have even been a 1.08
    Sprint's came out with I believe 1.06, then there was an update to 1.07. 1.08 came out on the new centros ONLY and there's been no way to update to it.

I think Verizon was out with 1.03.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbeutler View Post
    That's a tad creepy O.O
    Some people would call it good parenting... I think its about time parents play a more active role in what their kids are doing and who they are doing it with.

This is creepy...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Err .. A smartphone with a dumb os.
    My wife loves it for the UI. She prefers her centro though for day to day.
    I agree with you on that. It did have potential, but the OS was really a pain in the ****. My wife likes hers too, but she's not a tech freak like me.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Quote Originally Posted by kansanpoker View Post
    yea if they dont fix the signal issue by july 3 , i will say good bye pre and sprint . my father is even more impatient if his replacement phone doesnt do better when he gets it , he is leaving for altell
    You guys really need to calm down. The phone just came out, you can't expect it to be 100% perfect right away. If you're that impatient then you really aren't cut out to be eary adopters.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    My battery life is already great, so if it gets better, FTMFW!!

Hopefully they'll address all these touchstone issues I'm hearing about.
    My battery life is great. Better than my Mogul ever had. I was going to buy a second charger, but I don't have a need yet.

Not sure what the touchstone issues are (besides it only being $5 in materials) but mine works just fine.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I cant wait until the new update!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    its either keyboard or the plastic around the bottom part of the phone that's making squeaky noise. But i was able to type just fine.
    Check out this thread for a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjolsonmcse View Post
    My battery life is great. Better than my Mogul ever had. I was going to buy a second charger, but I don't have a need yet.

Not sure what the touchstone issues are (besides it only being $5 in materials) but mine works just fine.
    Can you give us a feel for what your battery life is like? Coming off the charger this morning with 100% battery, I received a low battery message at 2:30. That was with very moderate use. It jumped out at me today because I have not yet made another charger purchase and forgot my USB tether at home. The phone does go into roam when at work. I think I finally have WiFi up and functional at work. That should make a difference I would think. I love the Pre but being a long time Palm user I am very anxiously anticipating any and all updates and improvements to the OS. Palm wrote the book on PIM and if they bring that sort of strong functionality to a latest and greatest OS in WebOs, any contenders will quickly fall far behind... go PALM!
    Quote Originally Posted by maykinit View Post
    Palm wrote the book on PIM and if they bring that sort of strong functionality to a latest and greatest OS in WebOs, any contenders will quickly fall far behind... go PALM!
    That is all true. However the people now running Palm are not Palm people, they are Apple people.
    Palm was the tip of the top back when PIM was the main focus of PDA users. Currently, the focus market has shifted dramatically from one that wanted contact/calendar info-at-the-fingertips to multimedia and social networking. The latter of which Apple did quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    That is all true. However the people now running Palm are not Palm people, they are Apple people.
    Yes, smart former Apple folks who recognize and realize the fan base that exists out there waiting for the latest and greatest device that does PIM right. This in combination with strong entertainment apps, social networking apps, etc. and Palm has a killer device on their hands. I suppose they'll throw in Fart apps and the like to cater to that crowd as well. It's all good.
    they had actually planned to release the device on the 15th of may but didn't due to inventory levels.... be glad they waited.....
    Quote Originally Posted by maykinit View Post
    waiting for the latest and greatest device that does PIM right.
    Not much evidence of that.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    I had to call Sprint to configure my Airave, and while I was on the line, we were chatting about how great the phone was but I complained about a few things and she revealed in a memo she got today:

- Next update within 2 weeks
    - New text messaging features (Forward messages and send group text messages)
    - Improvement in battery life.
    And other stuff she couldn't talk about.

In the near future:
    - Custom reminder functions (You can set it to nudge every few minutes)
    - Video recording

Other cool info I got from her:
    - All of Sprint call centers have at least 1 fully functional Pre for the employees to play with and multiple Pre's for the agents to use trying to resolve a customer issue. They are allowed to play with it during their lunch and breaks only (can't borrow it).
    - Employees can not purchase Pre's until August because of limited availablity.
    - They have a customer "problem tracker" specificially for the Pre. So if you call up for an issue, it is documented in a Pre only database. Palm and Sprint project managers work together to resolve issues ASAP.
    - Palm employees do routine on-site visits and conference calls to speak to customer service management about issues and concerns. Palm Account Managers did the Palm Pre training a week before the phone was released to all customer service employees.
    - On day 1, all call centers had Palm trainers on-site to ensure a smooth launch. All supervisors/managers had access to call a special number to reach Sprint/Palm for help (aka War Room. A room full of Sprint engineers and Palm programmers)
    I take every thing that sprint reps say with a grain of salt! but i really hope that thats not all that will be included in the next update!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I am using version 1.0.3, which Sprint is now testing internally for the next week or so before being sent out to the public. The update is mainly bug fixes, and there is no new text messaging features that I see. My battery life has always been good so not sure if this helps battery life or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    I am using version 1.0.3, which Sprint is now testing internally for the next week or so before being sent out to the public. The update is mainly bug fixes, and there is no new text messaging features that I see. My battery life has always been good so not sure if this helps battery life or not.
    Just curious how you would have access to the new update?

Is there a changelog for 1.0.3?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Just curious how you would have access to the new update?
    I cannot say
  19. enjoyingsilence
    IF they don't add custom tones for alerts, EAS fixes, and other "trivial things" that aren't difficult to add & more basic phones have (like my Nokia 2610), the Pre is going bye bye.

I cannot say
    I'm willing to bet my good health, and disease free body -- you don't. Unless you work for Palm, or are a Sprint Sys Engineer. OR a black hat, who brewed had/has access to the SDK and brewed your own system, hacking the SDK enabling low level access to the hardware and necessary firmware APIs.
    Last edited by enjoyingsilence; 06/17/2009 at 04:44 AM.
    I have 1.05 firmware that I got online and it adds video recording and a working java vm to load jar files. >_> yeah...

Here's to the next update!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast