Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grebnehtor View Post
    Nothing on signal problems?
    i wonder if they won't fix this and the battery issue with one stone. because i'm thinking maybe they'll boost the receiver signal up (which uses more battery), but that'll solve the signal issue, and if the signal isn't jumping around from 1x -> EVDO and 1 bar to 5bars, that may save battery enough to offset the signal boost.

just an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I've got 4 gmails & 1 hotmail account and receive them on my Pre just fine.

(in case anyone is wondering.. I keep tabs on my childrens email)
    gmail's great for keeping tabs but you don't need four accounts setup. Just forward the emails to your main account (leaving them in the inbox) and label them there.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytexan View Post
    This won't be a Centro or HTC Touch where we see one or two updates before the product goes EOL, we will see this product supported for years to come.
    I don't recall the Centro needing any updates. Unlike some of its predecessors, it just works (as much as any PalmOS Garnet device can of course). I haven't had any of the problems I had with the 650.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Is your kb really flimsy? Mine has no detectible flex in it at all.
    its either keyboard or the plastic around the bottom part of the phone that's making squeaky noise. But i was able to type just fine.
  5. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I don't recall the Centro needing any updates. Unlike some of its predecessors, it just works (as much as any PalmOS Garnet device can of course). I haven't had any of the problems I had with the 650.
    I think the Centro got ONE update. And I couldn't tell a difference afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Seems I remember it was released with 1.05, updated to 1.06 and 1.07. Might have even been a 1.08
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    i wonder if they won't fix this and the battery issue with one stone. because i'm thinking maybe they'll boost the receiver signal up (which uses more battery), but that'll solve the signal issue, and if the signal isn't jumping around from 1x -> EVDO and 1 bar to 5bars, that may save battery enough to offset the signal boost.

just an idea.
    This should help quite a bit, but there are also appears to be a few memory leaks that may still cause some issues. Hopefully they will get some of these corrected with the update as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I think the Centro got ONE update. And I couldn't tell a difference afterwards.
    i remember that update, it enabled the my location feature in google maps
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

That's a tad creepy O.O
    Nothing about EAS pin locking?

For only those accounts that you know about.....LOL!
    What, no bluetooth picture printing! Id like to be able to print pictures from the phone without having to email them to myself and printing from the desktop. Also, what does the battery life update fix? Maybe just more efficient programming? It seems my battery life has been getting better over the last couple of days. Maybe the lithium battery is finally breaking in.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    its either keyboard or the plastic around the bottom part of the phone that's making squeaky noise. But i was able to type just fine.
    I have the squeak too, but I determined that it is coming from the back cover. I didn't have it until I gave my wife the touchstone and it's back cover. Now that I'm back on the shiny plastic back, the squeaking has commenced!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    i remember that update, it enabled the my location feature in google maps
    That worked on my Centro right out of the box. I have never done an update.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kshiflett View Post
    I have the squeak too, but I determined that it is coming from the back cover. I didn't have it until I gave my wife the touchstone and it's back cover. Now that I'm back on the shiny plastic back, the squeaking has commenced!
    Yes , its actually the back cover.
    Flimsy plastic it is. Wish they made them little sturdy.

Can't wait for the extended battery and better covers to go with.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seems I remember it was released with 1.05, updated to 1.06 and 1.07. Might have even been a 1.08
    I am running 1.01-ATT
    Right now I am most excited about the video camera and sound notifications. My wife has a small business and sometimes she needs to send small video of certain products to customers. She has been using the still shots, but prefers video.

The battery update will be even better, I am at 2:00 pm and sit at 85% with moderate use. Battery was at 100 at 9:00, so any battery update makes the pre even more awesome.
    The centro was nothing new! It pretty much the same stuff Palm had been doing for years. It was just smaller. Therefore, it didnt need many updates. Why does everyone keep praising thier Centro's? I loved my 755P and it didnt ever need updates either. But it obvious the Pre is totally different than any of those models. So obviously its going to need some updates. Believe me im as floored by some of the small things that were left out of the Pre as anyone else. I bought the Pre knowing Palm and knowing i was a free Beta tester. It will all be worked out shortly. I can do everything i need to do even if it takes a few small workarounds. I like having a phone in the early stages so i can inform Palm of changes i would like to see. Look at th positive side of things! Centro's are for 10 year olds...thats why they come in PINK!
    yea if they dont fix the signal issue by july 3 , i will say good bye pre and sprint . my father is even more impatient if his replacement phone doesnt do better when he gets it , he is leaving for altell
    Quote Originally Posted by med8869 View Post
    The centro was nothing new! It pretty much the same stuff Palm had been doing for years. It was just smaller. Therefore, it didnt need many updates. Why does everyone keep praising thier Centro's?
    Perhaps because they work as intended unlike some of the earlier Treos or the Pre. Some people rely on their smart phones.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast