Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Another confirmation from me. I spoke with Palm about my dreaded SSL issue and he indicated 1-2 weeks for the next update to address SOME of the SSL issues, but probably not the PIN code issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    The next update will be May 17th. Remember that date? I hope this is not a repeat of the six month horror of release dates we have been through since January.
    It may have been hell waiting for the release but they did what they said they would do, "first half of '09".

So, following your logic, an "update within two weeks" would mean we get an update on June 30th (maybe the 29th).

While this may be impatience on your part, not a "horror" on Palm's.
    Palm/Sprint should be on top of it though. An email asking how we like the experience so far, blah, blah, along with some of the things they have planned for the next update would be nice.

They have emails registered on every palm profile. This isn't very hard to do.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I just want an update that allows me to assign new tones to text and email messages. My only gripe about the phone right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmitek View Post
    Being in this forum and talking about updates reminds me of the Instinct forums and everyone dying to get updates...what a nightmare. The Pre is soooo much better than the Instinct that if no other update came out, I would be happy with this.
    The instinct updates totally sucked.....
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    The instinct updates totally sucked.....
    The instinct was a dumbphone with a few features thrown in. I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I really love an underdog, and an underdog comeback is even more spectacular to me. Yes, I admit I'm a Palm fanboy. Live with it.
    Ditto. And I aim to misbehave.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It may have been hell waiting for the release but they did what they said they would do, "first half of '09".

So, following your logic, an "update within two weeks" would mean we get an update on June 30th (maybe the 29th).

While this may be impatience on your part, not a "horror" on Palm's.
    I still think the Pre's going to be released on May 17. Can't wait!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Palm/Sprint should be on top of it though. An email asking how we like the experience so far, blah, blah, along with some of the things they have planned for the next update would be nice.

They have emails registered on every palm profile. This isn't very hard to do.
    I got a phone call from Sprint last friday along these lines. They asked three things:

- How has my transition to Sprint been so far (I'm coming from Verizon)?
    - How did the port of my number work out?
    - How do I like the Pre (issues, etc.)?

I was annoyed at the call since I was at work and busy but happy to see that they want to at least create the illusion of caring about my experience. Hopefully they're trying to do more than just create an illusion.
    I got a phone call from Sprint last friday along these lines. They asked three things:

I was annoyed at the call since I was at work and busy but happy to see that they want to at least create the illusion of caring about my experience. Hopefully they're trying to do more than just create an illusion.
    Oops..i think i got a call asking how my experience was at the store. But yeah, happened at a bad time. So much for unobtrusive notifications..lol

I got the same call- it was at a convenient enough time I suppose (is there ever really a convenient time for one of these?). I told them that my signal was poor (has always been poor) they shipped me a free Airave, I didn't even have to ask!
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post

- Next update within 2 weeks
    - New text messaging features (Forward messages and send group text messages)
    - Improvement in battery life.
    And other stuff she couldn't talk about.

In the near future:
    - Custom reminder functions (You can set it to nudge every few minutes)
    - Video recording
    Great stuff, thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Man I hope they have an update to the screen cracking up.
    And how do you suppose they're going to fix that via software update (which is what this thread is all about)?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I think that it makes sense that an update will be released by the end of the month. All of the local non-corporate sprint/nextel stores in my area have said that they will be getting the Pre in stock starting July 1st. As such, I have guessed, ever since I found this out, that Palm would have some sort of update released by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    The next update will be May 17th. Remember that date? I hope this is not a repeat of the six month horror of release dates we have been through since January.
    What "horror of release dates" are you talking about? Palm/Sprint released only one "date", first half of '09. They hit it.
    Nothing on signal problems?
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    This is good news so far. I was getting off of work to take my Pre back and go back to my Curve cause my Pre won't receive email from my second gmail account and i can't keep finding a pc to check my mail. With this news of an update, i'll cross my fingers that this will be fixed.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update info
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The instinct was a dumbphone with a few features thrown in. I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up.
    Err .. A smartphone with a dumb os.
    My wife loves it for the UI. She prefers her centro though for day to day.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    This is good news so far. I was getting off of work to take my Pre back and go back to my Curve cause my Pre won't receive email from my second gmail account and i can't keep finding a pc to check my mail. With this news of an update, i'll cross my fingers that this will be fixed.
    I've got 4 gmails & 1 hotmail account and receive them on my Pre just fine.

(in case anyone is wondering.. I keep tabs on my childrens email)
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast