Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    So I accidentally slept on my Touchstone last night. Asside from having "palm" engraved in the left side of my forehead backwards, I also can't remember the last 4 years of my life. Turns out I'm married with a kid.... Guess I'll be sleeping on my Touchstone every night....

but seriously, how far should I sleep from this thing if it's designed to throw an EM field?
    Well magnet bracelets are a million dollar industry.

Can anyone tell me if it cures aches or pains? My hands hurt from typing on the Pre. (trying to see if I cab do with my netbook for a week.. Bet with wife)
    Quote Originally Posted by tm4000m View Post
    So I accidentally slept on my Touchstone last night. Asside from having "palm" engraved in the left side of my forehead backwards, I also can't remember the last 4 years of my life. Turns out I'm married with a kid.... Guess I'll be sleeping on my Touchstone every night....

but seriously, how far should I sleep from this thing if it's designed to throw an EM field?
    Thanks...needed that laugh this morning.
    You would have to find out the wattage it puts out, then there's a formula for how long you can stay in the path of radiation in relation to distance from the device. We had to do this for safety with a microwave dish. I would think the beamwidth is very small too, so a lot of concentrated energy in a small spot.

It's likely there was no radiation while you were laying on it, though. I would assume Palm has some sort of detection for when the Pre is on it so it doesn't waste power.

Magnetic bracelets are a constant field and do not cause the same harm that a microwave does. A constant field does not induce a current in a coil, either (unless of course, you move it constantly).
    Wait a minute. If you use the TS to charge your pre, how can you not sleep with the TS? You are sleeping with your Pre, right?
    And what are you doing exactly with your Pre on the bed? Must we call you Pre's fanboy or Pre's boyfriend?

Is that the awesome "user experience" Palm talked us about?
    Love the post. Great laugh, man!