Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    havent had any problems with pre on.
    installed invisible shield and turned phone off to let it apply itself.
    try to turn phone back on after 12 hours and phone wont turn on. Plugged into wall and I got the big battery icon, small amount of red at bottom with lightning bolt.

has this happened to anyone else?

Summary: Phone is turned off, battery was fine. Try to turn on....wont turn on....letting it "charge" as we speak.

suggestions?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Remove the battery.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    but why should I have to remove the battery everytime I want to turn the phone on.....
    i usually let it charge while on, unplug to start my day......

is this a bug?
    i just dont understand how this happens when phone is completely off. not stand by.....but off
    Ooops .. I misread. Mine was on stand by not completely off ... sorry.

--
    It happened to me today. I think my culprit was a low signal from Sprint and the phone was switching from 1x to EV-DO to R to 1x over and over and it sucked the battery down.

I really like the phone but the battery issues and the signal issues from Spring are about to drive me to at&t or maybe to VZW when they get an updated Pre.
    He's not saying you should have to remove the battery every time you need to turn the phone on. He's saying you may just need to do it this one time.

Is it possible that these film-shields (BSE, Zagg, etc...) are getting some of the spray inside the phone somehow? Seems like I've heard of this complaint once on here already.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    well this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, im posting what I saw as a solution on another site (when you get frantic you go everywhere on the web.

from another user
    The same thing happened to my wife's Pre. She took it to the Sprint store yesterday and they informed her that they had just been briefed on the fix for this issue. Or, you can take it to the Sprint store and have them do it for you. You will be out of use with your phone for a couple of hours either way. What they told her to try (AND IT WORKED!! so far) was to follow the following steps. 1. Take the battery out, reinstall the back cover (without the battery) and plug in the A/C charger. 2. Leave plugged in for at least 15 minutes. 3. Unplug, reinstall the battery and the cover then plug back in to charge until fully charged. This process reinitializes something (even though it sounded illogical to me) but it works. Good luck! Even with the few issues that I have found with the five Pre's that I purchased for my family plan, I still love the Pre.

still suggestions about anything else is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    did that and now ive got power
    but im still baffled about powering down my phone again, only it seems the battery drains for some reason when the phone is OFF!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    this red battery of death is a serious bug, that really needs to be addressed by palm. I have posted about it on their official forums, but have not gotten any feedback from any official palm tech support people. Hopefully they know about the issue, and are working on a fix.

This is the only real beef I have with this phone. My battery dies all of the time (I can't always be around a power source) and I must know t hat I can simply plug my phone in, and use it immediately if it does die. I shouldn't have to go through this weird procedure.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Its a bug that needs to be sorted out, once your battery is dead and you plug your phone in and it will enable the red battery icon. Sometimes mine won't go pass this i have to remove the battery.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    my final point though is that I turned off my phone with 50% of battery remaining...........
    and then it wont turn on and when I plug it in I get the red battery of death icon.
    how is my battery draining..........with phone off?
    The battery of death just happened to my Pre. Even after i take the batt out and put back in...it went right to the big batt icon. I'll thry the voodoo ritual posted above. This sucks...how can they not have caught this in Q&A!