Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok.... i'm just getting prepared for the posibility that my wife will want to return her PRE.
    I haven't even received my 3GS yet, and she's mentioned the 50,000 apps a few times already.
    I'm like... yeah, but the PRE will get apps, are there any new ones in the store today?
    "uh, no."
    oh.
    and this goes on a few days.
    She loves the size, loves the multitasking, etc, but with hotmail not working due to oven-like heating problems, and no new apps still, she is getting a little restless.

So... We purchased it from Sprint Store (A), if we go out of town, and the 30 days would end before we get back, can she actually return it at Sprint Store (W) in a different state, as long as she's before the 30days?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    I would like to know the answer to your question because I am on my second pre and I am probably just going to take it back and sit on my mogul till the tp 2 comes around....
    Depends on where you are from to be honest. As long as you bought from a Sprint Corporate store and return to the same you should be fine. There are a few Sprint Affiliates left which would run "Corporate" stores that wouldn't take it back.
    If it was a Corporate store, than you can return it to any Corporate store. If it was a non corporate store (usually the smaller stores are non corporate, 3rd party retailers/owned), you have to return it to that store.

Radio Shack to Radio Shack

Best Buy to Best Buy

Wal Mart to Any Wal Mart
    My gf had to return hers due to the earpiece not working, we returned it at a different store than the one we purchased.

A few in my area asked for a receipt (which we mailed in for the rebate) one very helpful sprint manager told us to come in, she pulled up the receipt from the computer and returned it with no problem.

She said that it was the first return she had, and hadnt heard about the earpiece malfunctioning. She went from a black box one to a yellow box and it feels much sturdier and better built, no wiggle and a solid keyboard.

I might call her this weekend and trade mine in.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    If it was a Corporate store, than you can return it to any Corporate store. If it was a non corporate store (usually the smaller stores are non corporate, 3rd party retailers/owned), you have to return it to that store.

Radio Shack to Radio Shack

Best Buy to Best Buy

Wal Mart to Any Wal Mart
    Not necessarily. We bought our two Pres at a non-corporate, preferred retailer and got them both replaced at a corporate store on two separate occasions with minimal trouble.
    You're supposed to box it up and send it to:
    Herb Parsons
    C/O General Delivery
    North Richland Hills, TX

Don't worry, I'll credit your credit card back. There's an app for that.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone, this is helpful!
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.