Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It looks like you can surf youtube.com desktop version and any vid you select will open in the youtube app. It looks like they don't have a separate database for the pre but directly link to youtube for immediate compression. I haven't been able to find a single video on youtube.com that didn't open in the youtube app. Pretty cool.
  2.    #2  
    Nice, it also looks like youtube links will open in the youtube app as well.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I do not allow my youtube videos to be played on mobile devices. When I tried your method to view my videos, I get an error and they do not play.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    the search on youtube is not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    I do not allow my youtube videos to be played on mobile devices. When I tried your method to view my videos, I get an error and they do not play.
    Can I ask why you would do that?

Seems rather counter-productive, when getting more views is highly important in most youtube videos.

Also, I've had no problems with browsing the YouTube site, and actually prefer to do so, as the search function in the YouTube app is severely lacking.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Why do you say the Search feature is lacking in the youtube app? Its right there at the top of the screen and it works.

true it doesnt give you a description of the video but its a phone.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    the search on youtube is not working.
    on the youtube app or on youtube.com? If its the youtube app you have to type in your search term into the search field and then manually hit he return key on the keyboard.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    on the youtube app or on youtube.com? If its the youtube app you have to type in your search term into the search field and then manually hit he return key on the keyboard.
    on the youtube app,
    yes I did that, its not returning results sometimes
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    on the youtube app,
    hmm I haven't encountered this yet. But I dont really use the youtube app all that much.
    on the youtube app,
    i've had this problem as well. i guess there's a bug. what i do is close the program and open it again then most of the time it works after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
    Nice, it also looks like youtube links will open in the youtube app as well.
    I tried that last night and the web application just kept on looping until I was able to kill off a web card.
    The problem I have is the "app" doesn't let you display/filter by date.
    I like how the youtube integration works on the Pre, but I can't figure out how to view comments for a video.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Results in the app are different that site results. I've noticed newer videos don't show up even if you directly access the a user's videos. But they do indeed load.
    Lots of the "Pro" stuff like SNL clips won't show up in searches on the mobile client or will not play in the mobile app. I tried this out with thelonelyisland clips and none of them would show in the youtube app or play if I launched from the browser.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I like how the youtube integration works on the Pre, but I can't figure out how to view comments for a video.
    You can't, "yet" I imagine in later updates we may have that as an added feature. I like how it gives you the option to share via text or email and also view related videos.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    The YouTube application doesn't seem to provide complete results.. In fact I've found that when doing searches through the YouTube app that it's giving you 1/10 the actual results then if you were to do a video search through their website. Call me crazy, but that's been my experience when searching videos.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    youtube links sometimes will get opened directly by the app and sometimes won't, depending on how the link is created. Generally, the straightforward link will work ...utube.com/watch?v=gqAypbgaUKM but the ones with lots of formatting or are embedded won't work. If you can find a way to copy out the link you can edit it and simplify it down and should be able to open most videos.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    on the youtube app,
    Actually happened to me last night as well. Kind of annoying.
    The youtube app is lacking alot in basic ways.

1. You can't log on and view your videos (got to search for your own videos)

2. You can't view your favorites or subscriptions

3. No categories.

And I'm sure alot more

Youtube.com on the Pre is much better or even the mobile version.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast