Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I went into the store today to compare my phone vs the displays. Why? Well, the gap on the left side of the phone. The displays were nice and tight against each other. No gap. So, the manager said I needed an eTicket as per Palms/Sprints request so Palm can get as much feedback about this phone as possible.

Anyways, the lady wanted me to leave my phone over night because they were swamped. I said, Ma'am, all I need is a eTicket so I can get my replacement. So she grabbed the phone, had no idea how to take the battery cover off. Red flag #1. She then proceeded to grab a screw driver and put the phone under her stupid magnifying glass.. Started to tighten the screws. I saw her turning that driver several times per screw... Red flag #2. So I asked her, "ma'am, are those screws that loose? She said, Yes.. So, I saw her having "troubles" with one screw. She kept trying, but I could see something "stuck" at the tip of her driver. She then, turned around, ran back to another Technician and spoke to her for a minute or so.. then came back to me and said, "alright sir, let's go see the manager".

What happened? She snapped the head off the screw. So the stem portion of it is stuck inside my phone, and the head? Well.. She has it still.,

Long story short, I got put at the top of the list for my replacement.

Only reason why I was going to get a replacement is because of that hinge situation. Phone has worked perfectly fine as well as my battery life too.

Photos:

Here is the shot of the screw missing. I think these are Torx heads?

and some others. You can't see unless you angle it just right, but she started stripping the grip lips of the screw head.

And a cool little "void warranty" sticker thingy..
    Last edited by NM08SRT8; 06/15/2009 at 11:39 PM.
    Pictures are awfully big, need to be re-sized. Sprint isn't even supposed to touch the Palm Pre at all. They aren't supposed to attempt any repair work. All pre's are supposed to be ticketed and sent back to Palm with you getting a replacement so she did a big no-no by even attempting to tighten screws.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    maybe its just because Im on a laptop but resize those bad boys
    Okay? I thought this topic would be more interesting, but it was just a broken screw story.
    No need to resize those pics...they look fine on a 23" at 1920 x 1200....lol

Well, at least you accomplished what you wanted. Hopefully you'll get a good one!
    What exactly was she trying to do? Do these screws adjust the gap between the two components of this phone?

Call me crazy, but I would think that each of these screws would need to be screwed in at specific torque. A torque setting I'm sure a Sprint repair person knows nothing about. Obviously.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Wow they totally f^cked your pre up, Id be so pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

Well, at least you accomplished what you wanted. Hopefully you'll get a good one!
    They don't look fine on my 24 inch 1920x1200 =P They stretch the post and I have to scroll just to see the entire picture....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Okay? I thought this topic would be more interesting, but it was just a broken screw story.
    What did you expect?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I'm viewing this at iMax and the pix are still a little outside the edges.

bj
    Can you make the pics bigger, i can't see them...
  12.    #12  
    Resizes coming. 12mp camera, enough said.. lol
    The neurons and electrons aren't clear enough. Bigger please.

Lol. Nah they need resizing. They can't even fit on my 32 lcd tv that I use as my monitor.
  15. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    dumb sprint support (thx dane cook lol)
    atleast you got a new phone asap!
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/15/2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: please watch your language!
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    If you scroll to the right, I can see the entire picture...that's good enough for me.

Hey d94...good to see you back...lost you there for a while...
    getting a little bit off topic here lol... I have a gap on the left side of my phone and it creeks every time I press on it and makes it feel kind of cheaply made. I should take it in like you did huh? Would they let me keep my battery?? I'm getting like... 16 hours out of it... Anyone know?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Domali View Post
    Pictures are awfully big, need to be re-sized. Sprint isn't even supposed to touch the Palm Pre at all. They aren't supposed to attempt any repair work. All pre's are supposed to be ticketed and sent back to Palm with you getting a replacement so she did a big no-no by even attempting to tighten screws.
    Really? Hmm... Wonder what steps I could take now, or if I should just leave it be. I do want the touchstone.. but I was going to use my 25% S|P card for that..
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    getting a little bit off topic here lol... I have a gap on the left side of my phone and it creeks every time I press on it and makes it feel kind of cheaply made. I should take it in like you did huh? Would they let me keep my battery?? I'm getting like... 16 hours out of it... Anyone know?
    Yeah of course you can keep it. Whatever you keep, you just put the new accessories back in your old box and that's it.
    sweeeet I'll be going in the morning then!!! woot woot! Newer/better Pre here I come!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast