1.    #1  
    I'm having a weird issue with sending SMS messages. When I tap on the SMS icon next to a mobile number, sometimes messaging defaults to a different number for that contact. For example, many of my contacts have both mobile and home numbers. When I tap the SMS icon next to the mobile number for at least two of my contacts, messaging selects a landline instead. The frustrating part about it is that it's not very obvious that the other number is selected. I have to tap the "text" button on the top right of the screen to see which number is selected. I've attached a screenshot.

The number that is selected is a landline, the other number is the mobile number I wanted to contact.

Anyone figure out how to fix this issue?
    PalmPilot Professional -> Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Samsung SPH-I300 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ33 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
  2.    #2  
    A couple more details. This problem happens when I initiate the conversation from either universal search or contacts. If I open messaging, tap new, search for the person's name, then type the mobile number it sends to the correct number. It'd be nice to not have to go through all those steps.
    PalmPilot Professional -> Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Samsung SPH-I300 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ33 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    mavsman78, thanks for posting this. I have experienced the same problem, but your screen shot has taught me how to verify that the SMS will go where I want it to go.

I think (unverified) that when I find the contact thru Universal Search or Contacts and touch the blue SMS balloon by the mobile number, that the Contact's FIRST phone number is selected rather than the number by the blue balloon that I touched.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Having said that...I'm glad to know how to check it, but the Messaging app really should default to a mobile number or, at the very least, use the number I select.
    Quote Originally Posted by hnorman41 View Post
    Having said that...I'm glad to know how to check it, but the Messaging app really should default to a mobile number or, at the very least, use the number I select.
    In the example in my screenshot, the first number is listed second in my contacts, so I have no idea if there's a way to change the order in messaging.

I have figured out something more. I read over at the palm forums about a guy having a similar issue that only happened when his Pre was linked to multiple contacts accounts, so I tried unlinking my Pre from facebook and the problem went away. So I know it's some sort of bug that comes when linking to facebook for me.

Anyone know the official link for submitting bugs?
    I had this same problem and called Sprint CSR and they "reset my texting" for me and this seems to have solved the issue. Hopefully this did resolve it. They said that they had this issue with other Pres already too. Restarting ( soft reset) didn't help but maybe this did?
    hmm. i just discovered this after i accidentally sms a bunch of people to their landlines. I use universal search and press the sms button next to a number, and it sends an sms to another number, usually the one at the top.

i can't imaging sprint csr can do anything to fix this as it's a software issue?
    My Pre was sending my SMS to "home" telephone contact numbers. I realized it when I started getting "Thank you for using Text to Landline feature!" messages after texting. I was selecting people by their mobile number and it was defaulting to the "home" number. Sprint Customer service reset some setting for me on my account, not on the phone. I know it doesn't make much sense but that's the exact way it happened and Sprint resolved this over the telephone so it must have had something to do with an account setting, not a Pre software issue!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Reviving an old thread ...

Did anyone find a resolution to this? My boss and I are on Verizon. Whenever he replies to a text from me, it gets sent to a different phone. I thought that I had changed the default, but it just seems to go back to the other number.
    Nicky