1.    #1  
    I was able to telnet into my rooted Pre from another remote computer (on Pre EVDO with WiFi/BT off).

Once rooted...

- On Pre, go to whatismyip.com to get EVDO address on phone
    - On any computer, telnet address of the phone
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    This should work for ssh too i believe
  3.    #3  
    Yes, it does.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Wow, that's pretty scary. Does it prompt for login credentials? Don't think I'll be rooting my Pre anytime soon. The last thing I need is a bot breaking into my device!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I guess you've gotta turn off dev mode or something for it not able to be connectable or am I wrong?
    sweet! how long does the ip stay with the phone? it would be sweet to set up an ftp server on Pre and be able to sync music and vids over wifi
    For some reason I was only able to get in over EVDO one time.. it works flawlessly for me to get in over WiFi but I can't seem to make EVDO work anymore..
    telnet only works until reboot. Its so you can install SSH and then you only have a choice to login with the username you created when installing.

1. you root the pre
    2. you login as root with no password.
    3. install ssh
    4. create user account
    5. create password.
    6. some other stuff explained at the dev site
    7. reboot
    8. now you only can ssh in again even with dev mode on. if you want to login with telnet you need to run the rooter again.

its pretty secure as long as you reboot after install/config.
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    telnet only works until reboot. Its so you can install SSH and then you only have a choice to login with the username you created when installing.

1. you root the pre
    2. you login as root with no password.
    3. install ssh
    4. create user account
    5. create password.
    6. some other stuff explained at the dev site
    7. reboot
    8. now you only can ssh in again even with dev mode on. if you want to login with telnet you need to run the rooter again.

its pretty secure as long as you reboot after install/config.
    Good, because I was coming in here to warn the OP that this is a major security fail on his part.

People, REBOOT after rooting your Pre if you don't want some random script kiddie in Turkey bricking your new toy after stealing all your personal info.