1.    #1  
    I would really really really love more options for the main page view.

Right now its just your background. And the clock is small font along the top. I would really like a large clock on the front with the date below it, etc. And several options on how it would look. I am sure you guys know what I am talking about.

Does anyone have any idea when the next firm ware is coming out? I bet they will be adding that in soon. And any talks on features like that to make your phone for customizable?
    It's bound to come either by Palm or the hacking community. Good progress has already been made on other fronts.
    Give me the agenda view from my Treo with some weather and I'd be thrilled.
    Something like the Windows Mobile Today screen.
    You know, the more I use the Pre, the more I appreciate the fact that there's no background clutter on the "home" page. I've grown used to keeping a number of cards open and getting all the info I need from those alone--weather, new emails, etc. Can't wait until Tweed is automatically updating, because then my Twitter feeds will be live in "minimized" cards as well.

In fact, I've found the wallpaper to be important only when my Pre first wakes up and is still locked. Otherwise, it's just covered by cards. Maybe some additional info on the locked screen might be nice, but otherwise, I think Palm knew what they were doing when they designed the home screen as they did.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm looking forward to something like SPB to come out for the Pre. Right now that background is wasted space to me.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I would like to check out a few daily agenda apps also.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Shortcuts. This was a Palm program that allowed me to create text entries based on codes. For example, anytime I typed .em my email address would appear. .un would type my user name on a log on screen. I also had shortcuts for my passwords. Every time I have to type on a login screen, I miss shortcuts.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I love not having any background clutter on mine! I have the notification area for upcoming appointments and whatnot
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I will like to see MSN messenger
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I like it the way it is. I want to see my favorite photo up front. I like the fact that it is so simple, uncluttered. I am tired of the old clock, weather, message alert, miscalls, etc. sitting in front of the screen. Please don't tell me you're all going back to that route.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You know, the more I use the Pre, the more I appreciate the fact that there's no background clutter on the "home" page. I've grown used to keeping a number of cards open and getting all the info I need from those alone--weather, new emails, etc. Can't wait until Tweed is automatically updating, because then my Twitter feeds will be live in "minimized" cards as well.

In fact, I've found the wallpaper to be important only when my Pre first wakes up and is still locked. Otherwise, it's just covered by cards. Maybe some additional info on the locked screen might be nice, but otherwise, I think Palm knew what they were doing when they designed the home screen as they did.
    coudln't have said it better.
    And i had a Mogul too!!!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I like it the way it is. I want to see my favorite photo up front. I like the fact that it is so simple, uncluttered. I am tired of the old clock, weather, message alert, miscalls, etc. sitting in front of the screen. Please don't tell me you're all going back to that route.
    co-sign
    Personally I like it just the way it is and I'm comming from a winmo phone that I hacked to work like touchflo. The only change I wouldn't mind seeing is a random wallpaper generator.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    +1. I like the zen vibe the home screen has. It's a continuation of the Pre's overall style.
    I like it uncluttered as well, although if they could fit one more application on the wave bar I wouldn't mind.
    yes that would help alot
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davssai View Post
    Personally I like it just the way it is and I'm comming from a winmo phone that I hacked to work like touchflo. The only change I wouldn't mind seeing is a random wallpaper generator.
    agreed! random wallpaper generator would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    agreed! random wallpaper generator would be awesome
    Wouldn't that suck up battery life?
    I would recommend submitting these feature requests to http://pre.uservoice.com and then everyone can vote on them!
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com