Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A buddy of mine just purchased a Pre today. he also told me I better hurry if I want to get one because they aren't offering the rebate after July11th. Can somebody please tell me if there is any truth to this. If that's the case I will be ETFing my Verizon account (75 dollar) penalty and will purchase a Pre.

Can anyone confirm or deny this. Like hard proof.

Thanks all!
    I think that is false. I got my pre this last Saturday (the 13th) and I have a rebate
  3.    #3  
    no man, july 11th not june 11th...
    That is really going to hurt them. Not having any available and basically telling people that they have to pay an extra $100 because you didn't get one right away is a real slap in the face-
    I believe this to be false...
    For the sake of this post I contacted two of my local sprint stores and they confirmed this is false.
    Woops, sorry I am tired so I misunderstood, I dont know about that. If that is the case though it is going to be hard to sell them once the HTC touch pro 2 is out if they are the same price
  8.    #8  
    Well

I was hoping it would be false. But everybody looky look.

Mail-in Rebates Requirements:
    Take advantage of our Mail-in Rebate offers and save a bundle on your new phone.
    Purchase your phone on Sprint.com or by phone through Sprint Customer Service.
    1 to 2 yr. contract (for new and upgrading customers).
    PDA, BlackBerry and smartphones - Requires one of the following plans or add-ons:
    Simply Everything or Simply Everything Family plan
    Everything Data or Everything Data Family plan
    Data Premier Add-on
    PRO Pack Add-on
    Fill out the form in its entirety.
    Include your sales receipt, email receipt, online order summary printout, or packing slip. Must be dated between 6/4/09 and 7/11/09.
    Your rebate must be postmarked no later than 7/25/09.
    Cash your rebate within 90 days of issuance.
    Mail-in Rebate form
    EPRP (Everything Plus Referral Program) mail-in rebate form

To verify the proof, go to Sprint.com>on left hand side click on VIEW ALL CELL PHONES>right in that palm pre section row, click on MAIN IN REBATE in blue text. it's a link> And BAMMMMM

has all the info right there.... That does suck, but good news for me, I get to early terminate because logically i'd only be getting charged 75 bucks... Id rather pay 75 than have to pay the additional 100 for the phone when the rebate xpires!!!

THOUGHTS ON ALL THIS!?! Do I get a pat on the back for the find?
  9. joelpalm
    This is false. Has to be. It will get extended. Otherwise Sprint will lose a LOT of potential customers. Myself included.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I heard some rumors that Verizon Wireless will be getting the palm pre somewhere in the second half on this year.
  11.    #11  
    Well I mean, you say it's false, but right there in the wording it says it's true. How do we know for sure. I'd like to know though because I don't want to get screwed you know.... SO can we find this out for sure.

I mean, AGH!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hellotreo View Post
    I heard some rumors that Verizon Wireless will be getting the palm pre somewhere in the second half on this year.
    where did you hear this?

We need to filter out these rumors from facts. I am definitely getting this phone regardless of the fact, but it depends and boils down to if I need to ETF my verison account or not....
    This site says that the fine print says people must submit their rebates by July 11

NewsFactor Network

Is that true?

Very confusing... I thought you had to wait 30 days before mailing it in right?
    So that means if you bought it on the first day, you had to wait until July 6th to mail
    and then give it about 3-5 days to finally get to the right pile of mail
    and then hope they open it before July 11th to be 'eligible?'

What if you bought the phone today on the 15th?
    Anywhere on the receipt say when the rebate must be mailed?
    Mail in rebates are just a scam and just plain robbery.

Good thing for Best Buy for giving instant rebates to their pre customers.
    The rebate form that you get from the sprint store say through 7/11/09 in big bold numbers. There is a possiblity that it could get extened like they have done in the past but there is no guarentee.
    Last edited by alvin319; 06/15/2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Thr rebate form that you get from the sprint store say through 7/11/09 in big bold numbers. There is a possiblity that it could get extened like they have done in the past but there is no guarentee.
    Sounds exciting but probably Sprint has other rebates going on and some marketing mistake not noting to exclude the pre due to they have a seperate rebate going on. Makes them look dumb but they will correct it.

I mean you don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg buy taking away the rebate and charging $299 for the phone going directly head to head with the 32GB 3GS. With the 16GB? Yes. But with limited memory and no expansion... NO. And especially now with the 3G at $99. Sprint can't compete if they do this.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The current mail-in rebate forms expire July 11, but Sprint has never removed a mail-in rebate from a phone in the past and there is no reason to think this rebate will not continue on the next rebate form. MIR are only removed from phones a few months after the phone is End of Life.
  17.    #17  
    So like, who can we call to get this cleared up? I already called sprint and that wasn't much of a help... I want to talk to a sprint rep in america who can get directly to the point.

Any help on this. Should I be okay if I hold off? Should I ETF?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    A buddy of mine just purchased a Pre today. he also told me I better hurry if I want to get one because they aren't offering the rebate after July11th.
    Unfortunately I can't confirm anything, but I'm almost certain the rebate will continue past July 11th. IMHO Sprint does this to 1) keep their options open and 2) spur customers to purchase products ahead of a deadline. If I were you, I'd hold off.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Sprint always does this. They put expiration dates for people to forget sending it in so they don't all have to get paid, thats why its not an instant rebate. They usually have a new set of rebates so there always will be one available.
    They WILL NOT be able to sell this phone for $299 after then. Maybe they are planning on just cutting the price because if they want to be competitive, that will be the wise response. I wouldn't be worried. Competition will prevent raising the price.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast