Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well it really doesn't matter either way by that time Best Buy should have ample stock and they never bothered with the rebate anyways.
    Palm Pre already has a space problem as 8gb is a lot less than the other phones out there in its class. Moving up to $300 is going to be a real problem when the iphone is 16gb for $199.

Yes over 2 years it will still be less than a Verizon or AT&T phone, but people don't think that way... trust me my friend didn't...was all excited to get a $99 iphone
    People have said it's as good as the iPhone if not better and the 3GS is just minor changes and doesnt multi-task. Maybe Sprint has read all the cheering on this site and confident that the Pre is as good as the 32GB 3GS. It's a great phone so they should sell it for $299... I say go for it Sprint!
    They are selling the Touch Pro for 299.95 now with new contract or upgrade. So they might try to get a little more for this phone. I didn't see anyone lining up to buy a Touch Pro. it's the law of supply and demand folks. I wouldn't go as far as to say what the can and can't get for this phone.
    I'm pretty sure this expiration date will be extended, as has been the case in the past.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Palm Pre already has a space problem as 8gb is a lot less than the other phones out there in its class. Moving up to $300 is going to be a real problem when the iphone is 16gb for $199.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    All rebates have to have an experation date. I am sure sprint will do one of two things at that point. Re-issue the rebate with a new date, or start selling the Pre for $199 woithout rebate. It is kind of like the iphone when it first came out selling for a higher price then dropping the price. Sprint was just trying to get a little extra cash from early addopters who won't send in the rebate. I would put my money on the price change to straight up $ 199 to match best buy and draw in more customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    ... I thought you had to wait 30 days before mailing it in right?
    So that means if you bought it on the first day, you had to wait until July 6th to mail
    and then give it about 3-5 days to finally get to the right pile of mail
    and then hope they open it before July 11th to be 'eligible?'

What if you bought the phone today on the 15th?
    Anywhere on the receipt say when the rebate must be mailed?
    No, you don't have to wait 30 days to mail your rebate in. You just have to have the phone active for 30 days before a mail-in rebate can be approved. When I bought my Treo Pro, the sales associate filled out my rebate forms for me, handed them to me in an addressed envelope, I stamped it, and put it in the mail that same day. 10-14 weeks later I had my $100 check.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    When I bought my Treo Pro, the sales associate filled out my rebate forms for me, handed them to me in an addressed envelope, I stamped it, and put it in the mail that same day. 10-14 weeks later I had my $100 check.

So after the stamp you really only received $99.56. Ouch

Seriously though, I'm waiting for my Verizon contract to end next month so I'm definitely hoping this rebate would continue. Although I'm going to get my Pre from best buy anyways, if they get one in stock by then of course...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12