Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    SORRY for the RANT! but I followed all of the damn instructions and I keep getting stuck at the talk.py phase of things..!!!

I am running vista, disabled ALL of the firewalls and antivirus...
    I ran the talk.py and I get a glimpse cmd line window open ..then closes in half a second...

I then run cmd and go to the file via that.. and it doesnt work!!!!!

I then try to run python and run the script from the GUI and this is what I get: Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Vlad\Desktop\Root\rooter\talk.py", line 48, in <module>
    port = getport()
    File "C:\Users\Vlad\Desktop\Root\rooter\talk.py", line 27, in getport
    return int(portnum)
    ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

WHAT THE FUDGE !! I feel like a retarded moron that I cant follow 10 simple steps its really pissing me off ... any1 can tell me what I am doing wrong?!

please....
    Use the actual python program (v 2.6.2) [cant post links yet] to open the talk.py file. After installing open the Python GUI editor, File->open->talk.py and then F5 to run (or you can run through Run->Run Module)

Hopefully this works for you!
    (Make sure you have the pre plugged in via USB, I had that problem for a while..... )

Also check out the irc to have your questions answered by a bunch of helpful people.
    Your posting in the wrong section, also you are doing something that is not supposed to be done so you have to expect some short falls. Thats the fun with hacking, if you don't really enjoy it, including the troubles, then I would suggest not doing it cause frustration causes mistakes, and mistakes cost money-
    The problem I was having initially was that I didn't download all the files contained on that page. Once I downloaded them all and put them all in the same folder as talk.py then it worked.
    Make sure you are using Python 2.6.X not 3.X.X
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    thanks for the replies guys - and honestly poopsie I do enjoy it but I have had little time recently to tinker but let me put it this way.. I am using 2.6.x python and I did download all the files from the page - I honestly have no other ideas I ran out... thats why I am so frustrated...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Heres a nice tutorial on running a python script in windows
    Windows FAQ
    Also heres how to install properly in vista (not in above post)
    Guide to installing Python in Windows Vista - Neural Wiki

This is the only weird part in my opinion.. Coming from linux where it was much easier to run a py script it took me a bit to figure out the whole routine in windoze
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    HAHA@! I GOT IT! wooooo! So it seems that... there was an issue with my USB ports - something was not communicating properly ..so i tried plugging the USB in different port and IT WORKED! success! now to communicate lol...
    Run Python in GUI mode.. then open talk.py