1.    #1  
    I just tried a few Sprint TV channels.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the Pre can only do 4:3 and not 16:9 widescreen.

I tried to play an episode of BattleStar Galatia and the images of people looked like they were squished.

Sort the of the same thing of you don't have your settings correct on the your TV at home.

If this is true then the Pre screen should have been longer to accommodate the widescreen video that we will all want to view.

And I hate to say this but the iPhone can do widescreen.

Can someone verify if I am correct!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I checked and it looks like you are correct. In most other video applications (You Tube, Videos, etc.) you can tap the screen and toggle either full screen or letter boxed view. I just tried several different channels on Sprint TV and there does not appear to be a way to toggle full screen or wide screen.
    I checked a couple of random shows, and it appears you are correct. That sucks for those that use it.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Bring on the Sling Player Mobile App!! As long as Sling doesn't cripple it to WiFi only or restrict legacy (yeah right I got my Sling Box AV in December 2007) Sling Boxes from using the new Sling Player Mobile App!!!
  5.    #5  
    Are you guys saying it's only the Sprint TV that does not do the Widescreen.

If that is the case, then that is good news. I just figured the Pre can't do any kind of widescreen.

Can this be checked as well?

I haven't been able to get video on my Pre yet, I haven't worked on learning to do that yet.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)