1.    #1  
    I had been constantly been using the center button to go into card mode since launch and well lately it seems like my center button has gotten more depressed into the device making it harder to press. Anyone else gotten this?
    Sounds like it just may be morphing into the iPhone's center button! Just kidding. Mine is the same...I've only used it a handful of times, though.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Sounds like it just may be morphing into the iPhone's center button! Just kidding. Mine is the same...I've only used it a handful of times, though.
    Good one...one less to be criticized about from the iPhone camp.
    Never need to press the center button. Just swipe up
    I would have that checked out by Sprint. You could have a bad circuit board if the button is getting depressed too much.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I had been constantly been using the center button to go into card mode since launch and well lately it seems like my center button has gotten more depressed into the device making it harder to press. Anyone else gotten this?
    I just noticed the same thing on mine and wondering if it was originally more raised. If you take it back where you bought it, please report back the outcome.

Thanks!

Robyn
    Palm Pilot -->Handspring Visor -->Handspring Visor Edge-->Treo 300-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Mine is more recessed in now too, and on top of that, it stopped working! I use it all the time, as opposed to most people apparently, and keep accidentally pressing it to go into card mode. It's more natural to me for some reason than swiping up. I'm going to take it up to the Sprint store tomorrow to see if they'll swap it out.
    I quit using mine about a week ago. No problems here.
    I have noticed my new pre has a button that is more depressed.
    mine definitely recessed a bit since I got it. No worries, I got used to it.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I created a duplicate thread; I searched too...

Anyhow, my second pre has a more recessed button as well, doesn't affect performance of the button. Although, I wonder how far down it will go..

Sheety prehardware...
    Although you may not realize it, I've found that you can definitely feel the difference when you have a skin or screen protector on vs. when you don't. I had a Clearcoat skin on and noticed that my center button seemed sunken. [Is "sunken" a word?] Took it off and now the button seems normal. I'm putting a Phantom Skinz on tonight and I'm sure by tomorrow I'll think my button has sunk again!
    My replacement Pre has a more recessed button. I like it better, not as obtrusive as the first!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Although you may not realize it, I've found that you can definitely feel the difference when you have a skin or screen protector on vs. when you don't. I had a Clearcoat skin on and noticed that my center button seemed sunken. [Is "sunken" a word?] Took it off and now the button seems normal. I'm putting a Phantom Skinz on tonight and I'm sure by tomorrow I'll think my button has sunk again!
    LOL! Yes, sunken is a word... think sunken treasure. And, frankly, it sounds much better than depressed which makes me visualize a center button like this...

My center button isn't depressed! It's just a bit melancholy.