1.    #1  
    1. Repeatedly, even when NO CARDS ARE OPEN, I get a message "Can't Open New Cards" Dismiss unused cards to free memory. I am barely using any memory as it is. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

2. This gorgeous new phone is significantly slower than expected and while I'm reading lots of great shortcuts here, having to click two things to delete one calendar entry is a major waste of time, esp after being forced to "sync" my palm info twice and now I'm forced to delete 100s of duplicate contact and calendar entries.

3. Should my contacts facebook profile pix also be their contact pix on my pre? It's not happening.

Thanks for your help
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jestillman View Post
    1. Repeatedly, even when NO CARDS ARE OPEN, I get a message "Can't Open New Cards" Dismiss unused cards to free memory. I am barely using any memory as it is. Please tell me how to fix this issue.
    Reset the phone:

From page 182 of the Palm Pre user guide:

Restart Your Phone

If an application freezes, first try restarting your phone. No files or settings are changed when
    you restart.

1. Open Device Info .

2. Tap Phone Reset Options and tap Restart.

Note: If the screen does not respond to taps, press and hold power and slide the
    ringer switch three times to restart your phone.
    Last edited by Xyg; 06/15/2009 at 05:48 PM.
    I had the same issue. Must be a memory leak some where. I couldn't open device info, but the other method worked. Thanks for posting!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I had the exact same issue, I just restarted the phone and then it worked fine! Must be a memory leak!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    that's a feature of webOS. it's called "multitaskin'".

enjoy!

So the transformation from rabid fanboi that defended every little thing prior to release to a border line troll after release is complete?

To the OP, there is a bug currently where memory isn't being released properly. You can try deleting your browser cache if that doesn't work then reset the device as a temporary fix until they get it fixed.
    I was able to open 12 cards at once to test the memory out. Usually I only have 2-4 max open at once.
    I get the close cards VERY frequently, even with no cards open. I almost never have more than 3 cards open, barely multitasking. Sometimes I can't launch the phone even. Yes a reset works, but I have to wait 3 minutes to make a phone call or check a website. This is getting ridiculous. Maybe it's related to the hotmail issue, maybe it's related to the heat issue. I'm sure a fix is coming for the hotmail, but I'm curious if there's a connection with hotmail and the false open card issue. Has this been investigated? Sorry if this is old news, just sick of this phone right now. Love the OS when working, but have MULTIPLE issues now. (Laundry List) I'm going to get a replacement, hope this was just a lemon.