1.    #1  
    Where can I mark all my emails as read? I sure hope I can do this somehow as I get a lot of emails I don't necessarially need to read and flipping through emails on this device can be a little slow at times.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I was looking for this too. I don't believe it is available at this time. I'd also like to be able to delete many emails at one time, instead of one at a time.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I was looking for this too. I don't believe it is available at this time. I'd also like to be able to delete many emails at one time, instead of one at a time.
    While you can't delete multiple e-mails at one time, when viewing all your e-mail messages you can delete messages very quickly by just swiping to the right or left over that message. Maybe something you knew already, but I just found it recently and it makes deleting messages a lot easier!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    E-Mail is really crippled at its current stage. I'm hoping it'll have more depth with a future update. I personally liked WM a lot more for e-mail.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    E-Mail is really crippled at its current stage. I'm hoping it'll have more depth with a future update.
    I agree and hope more functionality is added soon. The ability to mark multiple messages as read/unread really needs to be added, and so does the ability to move multiple messages to another folder.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I agree and hope more functionality is added soon. The ability to mark multiple messages as read/unread really needs to be added, and so does the ability to move multiple messages to another folder.
    There are so many simple features that are lacking from the e-mail application. It's so bare bones right now that anyone serious about e-mail would need to look elsewhere. I expected this phone to be light on features, so I'm not as disappointed as some. I have no problem waiting for updates and I love the direction that this platform is going.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    While you can't delete multiple e-mails at one time, when viewing all your e-mail messages you can delete messages very quickly by just swiping to the right or left over that message. Maybe something you knew already, but I just found it recently and it makes deleting messages a lot easier!
    Thanks. I stumbled accross this my second day. It is a nice feature, and is great when you only have a couple of emails to delete. It just gets really cumbersome when you've got 40 or 50 emails to go through. I can't always get to things right away.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    While I've no problem using the swipe to delete messages, being away from my PC for a few days I realized that the (non-SPAM filtered) number of messages in my Trash folder was getting to be in the hundreds. Is there an easy way to empty the trash folder?
    - Fushigi
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    E-Mail is really crippled at its current stage. I'm hoping it'll have more depth with a future update. I personally liked WM a lot more for e-mail.

Yes that's the issue. I am coming from an 800w and the email client on the Pre... well kinda sux next to the Treo.

The other thing I am missing is quick email searches. Open my email on the treo and I type in a keyword and it quickly pulls up all the matching emails. That was a powerful tool.

With that said, I am willing to wait for an update. We also need a working today screen for calendar entries and such. Something that will display today's appointments on the home screen.
    This is needed ASAP. I am becoming more and more impatient everyday with the numerous little things that are missing and have not been addressed via update at this time.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I also realize that subfolders do not sync, i have several custom sub folders but only the standard empty generic folders how up. hope this also gets resolved
    anyone know if this has been resolved?
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    anyone know if this has been resolved?
    Yes I do know. It has not been resolved yet. Unfortunately it is still lacking some email features.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'm biding my time and hoping Palm addresses it soon. In the meantime, I'm learning to live without it by using Outlook Web Access, but it isn't the same.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    has this been addressed yet? I'm still wondering how to do this. Please advise.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    If you are into patches, then there is a patch to do read all/delete all. You cannot select multiple messages, it is all or nothing. Check preware or WebOSqi.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    The other thing I am missing is quick email searches. Open my email on the treo and I type in a keyword and it quickly pulls up all the matching emails. That was a powerful tool.
    You can do this on the Pre. Just open your keyboard and start typing the keyword.

Scott