Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Problem:

I have two exchange accounts and a Gmail account. I am in the All Inbox happily going through my email subject lines, swiping away at the emails I want to delete without even reading. More than once now I have accidentally swiped the email above or below the one I meant to delete. That email is gone and I am not sure which email account it was from, or even what it was if I was moving quickly.

What is the best way to retrieve this deleted email? There is no undo. There is no central deleted email folder (is there?). If I go into the deleted folders of each email account I have to wait and wait while they sync up (and annoyingly, they populate from oldest first instead of newest first.. what gives with that?)

I am missing something here?

TIA
    You are not missing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You are not missing anything.
    Hmm, our OP did miss something and so did you:

1. Go to the Deleted Items folder on your Pre.
    2. Open the e-mail that was deleted.
    3. Tap the "Email" menu.
    4. Choose "Move to Folder..." and move the message back into your Inbox.

Too easy. The Pre may be missing some features, but don't be so quick to say something can't be done. At least try to be helpful.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Like I siad, he didn't miss anything.
    He did if he couldn't figure out how to undelete a message from his Pre. Either way, question answered.
    Can you tell me how to go to the Deleted Items on the Pre? Thanks a bunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by PghPatti View Post
    Can you tell me how to go to the Deleted Items on the Pre? Thanks a bunch!
    Right below your "all inbox" is your gmail account and excchange accounts. There will be arrow pointing to the right. Click on that until it points down and opens up all your other inboxes and deleted items.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'd really like to see the mail app use the delete confirmation that apps like bookmarks and tasks use. Its very slick when you drag a row to the right it uncovers a delete and cancel button.
    With IMAP accounts that are set up correctly, deleting an email does not really delete it. You have to explictly purge deleted emails.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nxp3 View Post
    Right below your "all inbox" is your gmail account and excchange accounts. There will be arrow pointing to the right. Click on that until it points down and opens up all your other inboxes and deleted items.
    Thanks for the attempt. I know and mention that you can go into the Deleted items Folder for each individual account, but specifically...

1) If you do not know from which account you deleted, you have to try and check each account's Deleted Items Folder individually
    2) My exchange accounts Deleted Items folders each have several thousand items in them. (I wanted to sync up at least 30 days, but reduced it to 7 days to help this process of sync'ing along). The Pre does two things horribly here. a) It populates the deleted items from oldest to newest, so it goes through the account and v e r y s l o w l y populates the folder. So you have to wait and wait for the last thing you deleted to come up in order to undelete it. b) Even worse, as I discovered yesterday, the sync does not stay! If you sync up the folder, go to your inbox, and come back an hour later, the deleted items folder syncs up again! It was at this point I gave up and decided to wait until I had my Outlook in front of me and undelete from the laptop.

All this would be eliminated by a simple Undo function.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitski View Post
    Thanks for the attempt. I know and mention that you can go into the Deleted items Folder for each individual account, but specifically...

1) If you do not know from which account you deleted, you have to try and check each account's Deleted Items Folder individually
    2) My exchange accounts Deleted Items folders each have several thousand items in them. (I wanted to sync up at least 30 days, but reduced it to 7 days to help this process of sync'ing along). The Pre does two things horribly here. a) It populates the deleted items from oldest to newest, so it goes through the account and v e r y s l o w l y populates the folder. So you have to wait and wait for the last thing you deleted to come up in order to undelete it. b) Even worse, as I discovered yesterday, the sync does not stay! If you sync up the folder, go to your inbox, and come back an hour later, the deleted items folder syncs up again! It was at this point I gave up and decided to wait until I had my Outlook in front of me and undelete from the laptop.

All this would be eliminated by a simple Undo function.
    +1 on the UNDO function! As the experience gets more and more computer-like... we expect (and need!) more and more computer functions. At least I wish there was uniformity between the email and the SMS apps--I love the sliding to reveal "delete".