1.    #1  
    I was using DateMate on my Treo for birthdays, now with the Pre I was thinking if I will get notified about a birthday if I just enter the birthday on my contacts. Does it alert you? or should I add them to the calendar as a recurring event? How are you guys handling this?
    Last edited by TreoRock; 06/17/2009 at 10:30 PM.
    I'm using a google account and created a calendar specifically for birthdays.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I'm using a google account and created a calendar specifically for birthdays.
    Likely the same thing I'm gonna do.
    I hope I get an alert because I put them under my contacts.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I'm really annoyed with this item..I just missed a bday. What is point of just having a record for contacts bdays with no friggin reminder on the day..I missed someones bday for the first time since bday was added to palm on sunday!!!
    Add an additional calendar in the interim. The birthday's in the contacts don't pop up on your calendar that I've seen.
    Yeah, I don't like that it doesn't place the birthdays in the calendar. Palm, fix this!

Does Google Contacts remind/notify you if the birthday is in their calendar?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Yeah, I don't like that it doesn't place the birthdays in the calendar. Palm, fix this!

Does Google Contacts remind/notify you if the birthday is in their calendar?
    I created a birthday calendar as one of my google calendars. Nice thing about it is you can set reminders. What I did is set a default reminder globally for the calendar but it is nice as you can set custom reminders for specific entries if you like.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Yea, I almost missed a birthday today as well. What's the point of having it in the contact list if their is no reminder?