Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Just spent an hour installing the BSE skin following the directions I found online. I've installed at least 3 of these before and have never had any problems. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks..

Last edited by tozfeekum; 06/15/2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: uploaded better pics
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    So you basically have it mirrored and now you have to old it againsta a mirror to read anything...?

Try the WebOS Doctor to do a restore: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com.../32759_en.html
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I'll help.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks for the pics TikerZ. No it is reversed because of the webcam i used. I'm talking about the dark bar in the middle of the screen i'll take pics with a real camera in a bit.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Did you press real hard trying to squeegee the water out?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    not at all, i just used a credit card and barely pushed hard at all. it looks like water may have seeped through to the screen...i have no idea what to do!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    How long did wait after you installed the BSE before you powered the phone back up? I would probably turn it off, take the battery out and let the phone sit for a few hours.
    I recognize you're using BSE, but the Bodyguardz instructions say to wait 12hours before turning the device on again. How long did you wait?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    i turned it on right after i was done, i have it sitting in a bowl of rice right now with the battery out.. i'm hoping this will fix it. Thanks man
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    let it sit for a while and it "should" disappear had it happen on a treo pro and it went away after a couple of hrs

Don't do anything crazy just wait a little
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    let it sit for a while and it "should" disappear had it happen on a treo pro and it went away after a couple of hrs

Don't do anything crazy just wait a little
    that makes me a lot less worried, thanks, did you leave it on or turn it off?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tozfeekum View Post
    that makes me a lot less worried, thanks, did you leave it on or turn it off?
    I was panicking turning it off and on?

Take the battery out and start it again wont hurt either

To this day i don't know what caused It 99.9% sure it was NOT the skin. Most likely the touch screen had reaction to the way you and i applied it etc.

I have applied several of these skins to devices never had that type of happen again?

Has it got better since last time you posted?
    I don't think it has anything to do with being turned back on early. I've used Invisible Shield several times in the past and always turned the devices on within minutes. In fact, I just installed IS on my Pre this afternoon (with the battery out) and 5 minutes after the install was over, I put the battery back on a powered it up with no issues.

I think the "leave off for 24hrs" tip is to prevent eager users from using the device fresh off the install. I personally wait overnight before resuming regular use.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    I was panicking turning it off and on?

Take the battery out and start it again wont hurt either

To this day i don't know what caused It 99.9% sure it was NOT the skin. Most likely the touch screen had reaction to the way you and i applied it etc.

I have applied several of these skins to devices never had that type of happen again?

Has it got better since last time you posted?
    No it hasn't gotten any better , i'm on the phone with CS right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with being turned back on early. I've used Invisible Shield several times in the past and always turned the devices on within minutes. In fact, I just installed IS on my Pre this afternoon (with the battery out) and 5 minutes after the install was over, I put the battery back on a powered it up with no issues.

I think the "leave off for 24hrs" tip is to prevent eager users from using the device fresh off the install. I personally wait overnight before resuming regular use.

Yeah i didn't think so either, i think i'm screwed
    damn thing happened to me when i i installed my bodyguard i took the bodyguardz off and the next day it was slowly going away and by that night the streak was totally gone. still has the light leak at the bottom but who knows.

heres my thread

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...her-lemon.html
    had some bad problems with applying my BSE to my iPhone... a lot of bubbles... but they went away after a few days... just make sure that's not lint or dust or debris under there... but the air bubbles / air pockets / ripples will heal itself
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-SC View Post
    had some bad problems with applying my BSE to my iPhone... a lot of bubbles... but they went away after a few days... just make sure that's not lint or dust or debris under there... but the air bubbles / air pockets / ripples will heal itself
    Did you even read the OP? Anyway, I can't see how the skin would cause discoloration in the center of the screen. I installed a BSE cover on my Pre and luckily everything went smoothly. Hopefully everything works out for you.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tozfeekum View Post
    No it hasn't gotten any better , i'm on the phone with CS right now.

Yeah i didn't think so either, i think i'm screwed
    Do NOT mention the skins to CS, but i would tell you to wait you can always return it in a day or 2 if it does not disappear

You checked under the battery or slide mech for any water etc?

What about the touch tests etc have you tried those?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    Did you even read the OP? Anyway, I can't see how the skin would cause discoloration in the center of the screen. I installed a BSE cover on my Pre and luckily everything went smoothly. Hopefully everything works out for you.
    If it was a skin issue there would be more then one person having the problem with the BSE film?
    water get in through the center button you got to let it dry