View Poll Results: Should Palm move or change the card-view button?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ditch it, it gets in the way, and hardware buttons are so 2006!

11 22.00%
  • Keep it, I use it all the time

9 18.00%
  • Keep it, but give us the option to re-purpose it to open the launcher or some other function

30 60.00%
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Personally, I feel the card-view button is extraneous, it clutters up the gesture area, and it's quicker to just use the swipe-up gesture.

What do you think should happen to the Pre's only screen-side hardware button?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    There was similar poll done here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rely-used.html
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    ditch it, i never use the button..id wrather have more screen
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    i use the button but thats cause im still getting used to the phone. there are alot of things they can change on the phone (mainly how settings are presented).

i think it'll get better with time (both newer gesture machanisms and layout).
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't know about anyone else but I miss the LED message indicator. I'd like to see an app that would turn the center button into an LED indicator that would light up when you have messages and even maybe go to the message list when pressed.
    I have been using it to minimize an app to a card all the time. Didn't even realize the swipe up gesture worked to minimize as well. Only been using that gesture to pull up the launcher. that's why I love this forum. Who needs a user guide I just learn it all here

I still think the center button can have legit uses though so I vote for leaving it as is but give apps the option of repurposing it as needed.