Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just at the Sprint store and I was talking to the Palm rep (actual Palm employee). He mentioned that Palm is pushing out an update that should help with the battery issues everyone is complaining about. (he said it would fix various other bugs as well but he did not know the details.)

He also mentioned by the end of July that hundreds of applications will be available for the Pre. He said they have teams of people working on development.

I am just repeating what he said so if none of this comes true...sorry.

-Jim

BTW - Just got a replacement Pre (my keyboard stopped working on my first one) and this Pre is from a batch delivered today, the slider is tight and not wobbly at all.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Sounds pretty cool. Good luck with your new pre.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Awesome... can't wait to see what they determined to be the most pressing issues to address!

Glad you got your Pre issues resolved!
    My keyboard quit working today to. Nervously I reset w/ power button and no luck. I removed the battery and waalaa... Its working now. Not sure what it was....
    Sounds like he was just trying to make you happy. I am pretty sure PALM isnt telling sprint employees at retail stores about updates.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    You missed the part where he said " I was talking to the Palm rep (actual Palm employee)"
    Oh, i did... lol. Nice!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Hundreds of applications by the end of July would be awesome. For now, I'd just love to have a decent Facebook app and a few simple games. My kingdom for Solitaire!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, I would be surprised if there are that many but prove me wrong Palm!
    The update is called iPhone 3Gs! And YES it will be here Friday.

Sorry gang, could not refuse. No flames needed. I am a Pre user and am a convert from the iPhone world, simply due to a real keyboard and multitasking.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see that many apps available, especially if they get the SDK out soon. There are so many web programmers out there that would love to take advantage of a new market and make a few quick bucks. The real question is how many of these apps will actually be useful...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Not to fan any flames (I love my Pre) but if they're going to get hundreds of apps out (meaning over 200) by the end of July they're going to have to pick up the pace! So far we haven't had anything new in a couple days. Come on guys!
    I worked for Sprint, and manufacturer's and sprint themselves would notify us about software updates, phone availability, liquidation..etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by davemex View Post
    Not to fan any flames (I love my Pre) but if they're going to get hundreds of apps out (meaning over 200) by the end of July they're going to have to pick up the pace! So far we haven't had anything new in a couple days. Come on guys!
    If Palm released the SDK, there'd be hundreds of apps within days.

-n8
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Somone needs to ask about the FaceBook app. Please.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    i would love hundreds and hundreds of apps by end of july
    i wonder how a software update will deal with a rooted pre....i unlocked the ability to have more launcher pages....will it brick me? will it disable all the root work i did?
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    i wonder how a software update will deal with a rooted pre....i unlocked the ability to have more launcher pages....will it brick me? will it disable all the root work i did?
    That is why I haven't messed with rooting mine yet until an update or two rolls out to see how others with rooted changes fare
    Quote Originally Posted by davemex View Post
    Remember, the App Catalog is still in beta. I don't think they even have a system set up to purchase apps yet.

Also, I'm willing to bet some of the developers are waiting to get their hands on or just got their hands on a Pre and are still in the middle of testing. For example, the developer of Spaz doesn't even have a Pre yet, but he released the beta version of Spaz in the App Catalog. On the other hand, some developers may not be comfortable releasing their apps without extensive testing on a real device (not just the Pre emulator).
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    exciting news

Glad to see you here Kev!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast