1.    #1  
    I think that's what they're called. I love my Pre but get 0 bars at my home now. I don't want to threaten to cancel because I am on my dad's corporate line, and that could get ugly. Can I just buy one separately, get my own monthly plan for it and pay it?
    they sell them at the sprint store for $100 with $5 a month
    It may be worth calling customer service just to voice your problem and see if they offer you one for free. I wouldn't threaten to cancel or anything, but it just doesn't hurt to let them know you get no signal at home because it is possible they may just ship one to you.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just called technical support, and the lady there just kept saying "Palm is coming out with software update soon"...may be I should have called retention instead...
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    I just called technical support, and the lady there just kept saying "Palm is coming out with software update soon"...may be I should have called retention instead...
    yes, you should have. regular tech support/cs is helpless
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    The Airave is a beautiful thing. I live in the mountains, and both Sprint and Verizon reception is very spotty. When I moved here, I had to go with Vonage to have a reliable phone in the house, but I hate having more than one phone number --- most people called me on my cell anyway, and I was forced to call back from my "land line".

Anyway, I picked up the Airave this weekend. About 30-40 minutes to run its set up and and bam, 5 bars on my phone. Goodbye Vonage. It uses Wi-Fi and GPS location to create a mini cell tower in your home. I can even use it while out in the yard. You will need to have GPS reception where ever you place the box.

It will not access the EVDO network though. I haven't taken the time to determine, however, if my phone is accessing the hi-speed Internet through wi-fi.
    If you are going to pay anyways just skip the air wave and get a wilson antenna amplifier system. A little more expensive up front but works with data as well and no monthly fee.