Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The first Pre had serious screen issues, but being so excited and playing with it I didn't notice the issues until I was home. EXCHANGE!!!

On to Pre #2: Great display. No issues whatsoever. UNTIL I put it on the charger, then the white rings appeared. After a day, the face would rotate about 2 degrees and would restart the phone when closing the slider. I say restart, it would simply cut it off. EXCHANGE!!!

On to Pre #3: Four hours into it the phone seems pristine. No screen issues, no slider issues, and definately not hot when charging. I have been waiting to put my invisible shield on, and this will be the one that get's it!

Anyone else on #3??? LOL
    luckily im still on #1 with no issues at all
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    You were able to get 2 exchanges already....there's a waiting list here in SD
    I'm on my second one that needs to be exchanged due to 5 or 6 dead pixels
    I'm waiting a couple of weeks before I exchange to my 3rd. I figure we got a pretty bad batch here in the SF Bay area.
    if I had to replace a phone 3 times in a little more then a week I would get a different phone altogether.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Still on number 1 with no issues whatsoever.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    if I had to replace a phone 3 times in a little more then a week I would get a different phone altogether.
    Was considering it. However, we are on the initial launch cycle so I'll deal with it. I don't care for any other phones Sprint has right now. I've had the 800w...the 755p...the Touch Pro...the Treo Pro...and I don't care to go back to any of those. Of course the 800w is kind of a moot point.

Besides, I love the phone. I'm just wading through issues, and taking advantage of my 30 days.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JustxOnce View Post
    You were able to get 2 exchanges already....there's a waiting list here in SD
    There is a waiting list here as well, but not nearly the population. I called Friday for a replacement, and they called me this morning. So, three days (including a Sunday where they get no shipments). Not bad. The rep at the store told me to call her with any more issues and they'd do everything they can for me. Very cool.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    I'm with lefty. 3 replacements for major issues sounds pretty ridiculous this early. But at least you are getting your money's worth lol
    well I may not exchange mine at all as it is way better then my first one keyboard is so much stirdier and you can only see the dead pixels when the phone has that black screen on startup so it doesn't bother me.
    My #1 has some problems with the screen having a faded out section in the lower-right, but I was pretty sure this would not present functional problems. I'm going to stop in to the Sprint store and show them the problem, but for now, #1 is a very good build in every other respect. I'm sure someone on this forum (has or) will determine the exact cause of the problem my #1 is experiencing. Anyone insisting on exchanging to a #2 or beyond should first have learned how to spot every known build issue before making any exchanges. The OP's #2 sounded like a real disappointment. (I guess it literally was "#2".) That's what the rest of us want to avoid!
    Last edited by sudoer; 06/15/2009 at 02:49 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre me View Post
    I'm with lefty. 3 replacements for major issues sounds pretty ridiculous this early. But at least you are getting your money's worth lol
    I agree it's insane. Just keep hoping that I get lucky...
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I'm waiting a couple of weeks before I exchange to my 3rd. I figure we got a pretty bad batch here in the SF Bay area.
    That's too bad about yours. I'm on my 1st Pre, and everything appears to work fine, no problems whatsoever. Knock on wood!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    The first Pre had serious screen issues, but being so excited and playing with it I didn't notice the issues until I was home. EXCHANGE!!!

On to Pre #2: Great display. No issues whatsoever. UNTIL I put it on the charger, then the white rings appeared. After a day, the face would rotate about 2 degrees and would restart the phone when closing the slider. I say restart, it would simply cut it off. EXCHANGE!!!

On to Pre #3: Four hours into it the phone seems pristine. No screen issues, no slider issues, and definately not hot when charging. I have been waiting to put my invisible shield on, and this will be the one that get's it!

Anyone else on #3??? LOL
    [B]I am on Pre #2. first one had a few dead pixels, I know that sounds petty but I never had that issue with any brand new phone, and phones aren't cheap. I just picked up my new Pre today. The Best Buy rep claims he saw 2 dead pixels on the new one but they were not as bad as my old Pre (old...hahaha bought it on launch day) Anyway I am super anal abouth stuff like this so I looked hard on every screen and camera but I saw nothing. I kept telling him I thought he was seeing the dots on the screen like you see on the Iphone G1 or any other capacitive touch screen but he says no. Funny thing after activation was done he was like hmmm, I only see one now. As I stated I still se zero so I am PUMPED!/B]
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Mine is still pristine and incredible even with some abuse (kids, keys in the pocket, accidental drop).

You've got bad luck. Hope it turns around for you.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Mine is still pristine and incredible even with some abuse (kids, keys in the pocket, accidental drop).

You've got bad luck. Hope it turns around for you.
    LMAO appears that way
    on my 2nd one, waiting for my 3rd one.

both 1 and 2 had heat problems, and #2 has a wicked separation on the left side that when closed you can rotate the top half about 2 degrees..
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    on my 2nd one, waiting for my 3rd one.

both 1 and 2 had heat problems, and #2 has a wicked separation on the left side that when closed you can rotate the top half about 2 degrees..
    Same here on my 2nd one...3rd one seems good so far.
    Im on 3 as well.

First one had a sticky power button, second one would turn off every time it slid up or down.

No issues with my third one. I noticed, however, that it is a pre from my particular store's second shipment. It came in a different color box and has a more recent manufacturing date.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast