Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Anyone? I've had my phone for 4 days. I logged in online and saw that I was being charged 20 cents for each of the forwards....can anyone else confirm or did billing screw something up?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Sprint charges for it, and it's not a screw-up. Crazy, huh? I looked into it months ago, and found that out. The odd thing is, I think T-Mobile (who never used to charge for it) started charging for it, although they didn't make the policy known. I've had many a conversation with reps taking off and crediting "incorrect" overages before I switched to Sprint last week.
    I got advance warning from YouMail during the signup process. It's Sprint's policy, so you'd have the same problem with GVoice, SpinVox or PhoneTag. It sucks, but it's but charging for forwarding has been a long-standing policy with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Sprint charges for it, and it's not a screw-up. Crazy, huh? I looked into it months ago, and found that out. The odd thing is, I think T-Mobile (who never used to charge for it) started charging for it, although they didn't make the policy known. I've had many a conversation with reps taking off and crediting "incorrect" overages before I switched to Sprint last week.
    This sucks, looks like I'm going back to Verizon...

This also means that Sprint customers wont be able to use Google Voice when its public.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I got advance warning from YouMail during the signup process. It's Sprint's policy, so you'd have the same problem with GVoice, SpinVox or PhoneTag. It sucks, but it's but charging for forwarding has been a long-standing policy with Sprint.
    In this day and age, charging for this seems a bit ridiculous. Their argument was that its a benefit because its not using any of my minutes, which is their feeble attempt to justify their pricing.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I'm actually having a weird problem with Youmail... If I have Youmail attach the VM (either as a WAV or an MP3), it is emailed properly (I can see it in a mail program/web browser on a computer) but there is no attachment shown on the Pre.

I've tried this to three different mail accounts, with both plaintext and HTML formatting... I see other attachments fine for all accounts on the Pre (incl .wav attachments), just not from the Youmail emails.

If I fwd one of these emails (even removing subject/body), I see the same behavior (looks fine on a computer--attachment is there; no attachment shown on pre)

What *DOES* work, is to save the attachment locally on a computer, and then compose a new message, attaching that .WAV file. This shows up properly on the Pre.

Mime Types are the same between this working case, and the non-working case... Only difference I can see is the non-working case has the following MIME header:

Content-ID: <YouMail_28656090.wav>
    X-Attachment-Id: 0.1

And the working case has no Content-ID, but a slightly different format for X-Attachment-Id:

X-Attachment-Id: f_fw02ksci0

Any help/suggestions, including "dunno it works for me" or "dunno it doesn't work for me either" would be appreciated...
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Can anyone take a screenshot of youmail on the pre. I am very interested in using this.
    Quote Originally Posted by poldim View Post
    This sucks, looks like I'm going back to Verizon...

This also means that Sprint customers wont be able to use Google Voice when its public.
    Which part of Google Voice will we not be able to use. Sprint charges for having calls forwarded to a number, not the other way around.
    You can use google voice with no charge I have been so gar. When you sign up to google voice you have to set up the phone (they call you and you punch in a 2 digit code) then you can add your cell/home/work and that one gvoice # calls all of your other numbers.

The only problem is when you dial out you have to call your own number then press 2 then dial the number you want to call, otherwise if you just call from your cell it shows that number instead.

Luckily with the google contact sync I just added my gvoice #,pause,#2,pause, contact number.

It takes about 10 seconds to connect but I have my gvoice as one of my 3 favs and never have to worry about minutes and it saves me $30 bucks a month.
    When Google Voice allows number porting, will this help?
    Quote Originally Posted by kmitchell View Post
    I'm actually having a weird problem with Youmail... If I have Youmail attach the VM (either as a WAV or an MP3), it is emailed properly (I can see it in a mail program/web browser on a computer) but there is no attachment shown on the Pre.

I've tried this to three different mail accounts, with both plaintext and HTML formatting... I see other attachments fine for all accounts on the Pre (incl .wav attachments), just not from the Youmail emails.

If I fwd one of these emails (even removing subject/body), I see the same behavior (looks fine on a computer--attachment is there; no attachment shown on pre)

What *DOES* work, is to save the attachment locally on a computer, and then compose a new message, attaching that .WAV file. This shows up properly on the Pre.

Mime Types are the same between this working case, and the non-working case... Only difference I can see is the non-working case has the following MIME header:

And the working case has no Content-ID, but a slightly different format for X-Attachment-Id:

Any help/suggestions, including "dunno it works for me" or "dunno it doesn't work for me either" would be appreciated...
    I have the exact same problem now i have to call the damn number to get my voicemail... which defeats the purpose for me. I have email youmail.. because it wasnt always like this. When i first got my pre on may 1 (sprint advocate) the attachments came through fine it seems right around launch this changed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    When Google Voice allows number porting, will this help?
    yes and no. The best way to use GV is to port whatever number people know you on to GV, and then have GV forward the calls depending on whatever rules you set.

The issue is if you port the number from your Pre to google, then the service that you get from Sprint will be terminated, and you'll be hit with ETF charges, etc...

I think the best way to do it is to open a new line of service, swap numbers on the phones, and then port from the new line that is still in the 30 day trial period. It will cost you some for the first month of srevice, but this should work without terminating the main line of service.

The good news is that onc eyou have this set up, your main number is google voice, and you can swap carriers etc... without hassles.
    Sprint call fwd is now free!!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordelfkin View Post
    Sprint call fwd is now free!!
    Are you sure its free for all calls or just to gVoice?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmitchell View Post

I have the same problem .... It really does defeat the purpose if i have to call in .... I think i read some where that they were working on an app for the Pre.... hope it comes out soon....
    conditional call forward is free (busy and no answer) --- this would be used for any 3rd party VM service

full call forward is still .20/min

... and in regards to my previous post my attachments have been coming through when sent to my gmail account, but not my exchange... (weird)
    so to check voicemail you get it via email? There no resident umail program for the Pre??
    currently yes, a pre app is in development right now tho

see here

http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...reenshots.html
    ^^^ ok cool, all i wanted was viusal voicemail, so im using google voice for now since sprint no longer charges for forwarding (however the voicemail transcripts liek totally suck, have to actually listen to them)
    Last updated: Jan 09, 2010

Call forwarding allows you to forward your calls to a different phone number.

For information on call forwarding, refer to the following:

* Call forwarding features are offered on both the first and second lines.
    o Types of call forwarding:
    + Unconditional (*72): Calls are immediately forwarded without the phone ringing.
    + Conditional: Calls that are forwarded to another number when the person who is calling you gets no answer or a busy signal.
    + Busy (*73): Calls will forward if phone is ringing busy.
    + No Answer (*74): Calls will forward if the phone not answered, or if the End key is pressed. Call forwarding charges apply when forwarding calls to other cellular or landline numbers.
    + Forward Busy and No Answer (*28): Combination of the above.
    * Unconditional Call Forwarding (*72) is charged at a flat, per-minute rate of $0.20 unless you have a Simply Everything plan.
    * Unconditional Call Forwarding cannot be set if either of the following apply:
    o Any call restrictions are added, excluding Caller ID.
    o The phone is no longer active.
    * Conditional: Calls are forwarded to another number when the person who is calling you gets no answer or a busy signal. You can choose to set up conditional forwarding based on the following:
    o Call Forward Busy (*74)
    o Call Forward No Answer (*73)
    o Forward Busy and No Answer (*28)
    * Call forwarding does not deplete cellular minutes included in your plan.
    * Call forwarding charges apply, except in the case of voicemail or SMS numbers.
    * Call forwrding is included at no charge in the Simply Everything plan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast