Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    Did you read the thread at all? The OP already stated that he was planning on canceling his contract if he couldn't get the Pre at a reasonable price. He needed a smartphone for his job, and he could have easily paid the ETF and signed up with another carrier for less than the Pre's $550 retail price.
    WTF is more reasonable than $199? Unless you live off food stamps and you siphon gas out of your neighbors car.. Why would you need it cheaper than that?

If you cannot afford that, you shouldn't own a Cell phone let alone pay the monthly plan. Having a Pre should be the lest of your problems at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator View Post
    Now THAT's the funniest thing in this thread. He's strongarming Sprint?

My how this forum has changed.
    Yes. Absolutely - at least the way it was originally presented. I'm going to break my contract with you if you don't give me something I already agreed to is strong arming.

As for the forum changing, I've been on here since sometime in 2003, I've regularly seen posts like this, and just as regularly have seen similar responses.

We all want to see good customer service. Taking advantage of a system will destroy good customer service. The content of the original post definitely implied one should threaten and even lie in order to finangle an undeserved free phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I haven't had a single issue with my Pre. Also, to clarify, I didn't ask for 600 dollars in credits. That was their solution to the issue.
    I think it's great that Sprint was able to find a way to keep you as a customer. Your thanks to them is to flaunt this on the Internet? If too many people follow your lead, it might be just enough to kill Sprint! Again, I'm glad that Sprint was able to help you but I wish you would have just kept the news to yourself.

kind regards,
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345