View Poll Results: Have You Scratched Your Pre's Screen Already???

Voters
600. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's still perfect.

394 65.67%
  • Yes, minor (e.g. invisible during screen on)

100 16.67%
  • Yes, moderate (e.g. slight visibility during screen on)

89 14.83%
  • Yes, severe (e.g. can't bear with it anymore)

17 2.83%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    None here, I keep it in the micro suede case it came with. Fits perfectly, and cleans it every time it goes in and comes out.
    i'm pretty sure that the face grease protects my screen from scratches...Palm should advertise that as a feature...

I, too, tend to keep it in the suede case. It's not bulky and wipes the screen on entry and exit.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Haven't ever had issues with screen scratches on my past 4 phones, or any other device for that matter. I do have 2 small ones that are visible when you move the phone around. I also have several that you can only see when it turned off. More annoying than anything else because I know they are there. Not sure how or where they occurred but a little disappointed in how quickly and easily the screen and back got the little scratches.

I will prob end up taking it back and swapping it out before my 30 days is out (use the slider movement which isn't bad in my opinion, but should work for a exchange) and add screen protectors to the new one and a carry case of some sort. Never used them in the past, so I hope they help save the screen.
    Been covered with some kinda protector since day one, from the original factory plastic to IS now finally I settled with Phantom Skinz.
    full body skins ftw!
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    If anyone is considering trying to put on a shield themselves, I highly advise against it. Just spent a half hour jacking around with the one I bought at Best Buy before I gave up. Returning it tomorrow. I've had my Pre for four days, and no scrathces yet, but I wanted to be safe. I'll just keep it in the sleeve that came with it until I find a place that will install a shield for me.
    No scratches. I kept the plastic sheet on which was covering the screen when I took it out of the packaging new. Kept that on until my Invisible Shield came.
    Not a scratch. had zagg on it for maybe 10 days, 10 days bare, and now i just put the phantom skinz on. Phew! i hate having a scratched screen.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    dude it is almost impossible to scratch that screen !!!

my friend broke his pre in half in a fit of rage (he had insurance and got it replaced) so i decided to run some tests on the broken pre and i tested it with keys and a knife and it was almost impossible to get even a slight scratch on the screen
    Last edited by Lito305; 06/23/2009 at 02:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post

my friends broke his pre in half in a fit of rage (he had insurance and got it replaced) so i decided to run some tests on the broken pre and i tested it with keys and a knife and it was almost impossible to get even a slight scratch on the screen
    Great news. Thanks for the info
    Someone reported that a little wax removed all their scratches with no adverse affects to sensitivity.
    I dropped it today on the cement and got some blemishes on the black part around the screen, kinda sucks, not too bad though, but hope it didnt happen.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

my friend broke his pre in half in a fit of rage (he had insurance and got it replaced) so i decided to run some tests on the broken pre and i tested it with keys and a knife and it was almost impossible to get even a slight scratch on the screen
    I carry mine in my pocket with only paper money. My keys and change go in the other pocket. Have not dropped it or anything yet, but have the 2 hairline scratches you can see with the phone on, and lots of little ones all over the screen you can see with it off.

So they wither came from being in my pants pockets, or from laying on a desk when charging. I also have 2 spots about the size of a penny on the back that are fading/discolored above and below the "lm" in palm.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Not sure I believe that. I have a small scratch on mine that got there despite my putting it in the little case after every use.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    No protection and no accidents... yet. But I do keep it in the cloth sleeve and only pull out when needed. But I guess it's only a matter of time as I've heard that's not 100% safe.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    As far as I can tell, the screen it way to prone to scratching. To the extent the goal was to make a better device than the iPhone, palm came up woefully short in this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Not a single scratch on the screen or case. Pre still looks brand new. I clean mine everyday with Windex and a soft paper towel.

i would not use windex as it can mess up any finish palm put on the screen or dull it over time. Also, get a cheap micro fiber cloth (a dollar or two). Paper towels can scratch your screen.

It would be sweet if you could make a quick youtube vid of runing the broken pre through some stress test. keys, coins, different counter tops etc.
    I've also heard it's suppose to be pretty scratch-proof. I'm waiting for a video review.
    My wife and I carry our phones in a dedicated pocket and both our screens still look great. We both do not have any kind of skins or screen protectors.

I do polish mine often because of all the fingerprints. Like another posted had suggested, I need to break out the Turtle Wax.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast