1.    #1  
    On my old Treo 755p, if I got an incoming phone call, I had a chance to either answer or ignore. I don't see any ignore button on the Pre. Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's getting difficult to search things given the quantity of Pre threads. Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    double push of power button
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    You can ignore the call from the touchscreen only if the screen is on when the call comes in. If the phone is in sleep mode or whatever, there currently isn't an option to ignore the call from the screen.

You can, however, hit the power button twice and that will ignore a call or simply hit the volume button to silence the ringer.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    What's interesting about the way the Pre handles ignored calls, is that it actually ignores them. On most phones, if you hit the "end" button- the call gets routed to voicemail, which tells the other person calling "he just sent me to voicemail". The Pre actually lets the phone continue ringing (at least that's how it appears to the other person calling you), thereby allowing the person to think that you simply weren't able to pick up the phone. Really nice, if you ask me.
    isn't that on ALL sprint phones? At least my last phones were
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    What's interesting about the way the Pre handles ignored calls, is that it actually ignores them. On most phones, if you hit the "end" button- the call gets routed to voicemail, which tells the other person calling "he just sent me to voicemail". The Pre actually lets the phone continue ringing (at least that's how it appears to the other person calling you), thereby allowing the person to think that you simply weren't able to pick up the phone. Really nice, if you ask me.
    Actually, if you just click the power button once, it silences the ring, but if you click the power button a second time it does full ignore and at that point WILL send the caller right to VM. I just tested.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I believe that's only if you hit the power button once. I just called my phone, and after hitting the power button twice (the only way to actually ignore) it sends it straight to voice mail. Hitting the button once silences the ring but does not ignore the call.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I hate this feature. It makes it virtually impossible to take out of a pocket without hitting the damn button!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm not sure that's accurate. I just called my phone from a landline and when it rang I hit the power button twice and the call was routed directly to VM. So it does ignore a call, the disply also showed that the call was "ignored".
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone for your helpful replies! Yes, there really is a difference between pressing the power button once (to ignore), and pressing twice (to immediately go to voicemail). In the future, I think I will simply press power button once, so that the other person keeps hearing the phone ring and thinks I cannot pick up due to being busy. Works great! Thanks!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Kind of like a zat'ni'katel. Once hurts 'em. Twice kills 'em. Three times disintegrates 'em?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Just want to add my 2 cents.

I agree that when the Pre is in the Sprint Pre case, this feature of hitting the power button to mute/ignore the call is killing me. I can't seem to get the phone out of the case and answer it without ignoring the caller and booting them to voicemail. Perhaps Palm can adjust the phone software so that when it detects the phone in the case (vertical positioning), the power button is disabled until the phone is held horizontally?

(also, a punchout in the sprint case for the speaker would be nice)
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

LALALALALALA!
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post

LALALALALALA!
    My Boss? I'm not sure though because I can't see the back side where the horses rump would be!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I touched the sensor area and it seems to silent. not sure if it silenced or ignored.
    Wish there was "ignore with text" option.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I like the option of sending the caller directly to voice mail. Most of my callers are regulars.. There is no reason to make them wait for the full number of rings to get to voice mail. OTOH, I like having a long ringtime so that I have time to answer the phone when it is somewhere in a pocket (the Pre is so smooth and slick, sometimes I can't find it.)
    I have to try clicking twice, although the power button is not the easiest thing to access.
    Thanks.
    I love the patch that is added into contacts ringer options, straight to vm, or answer and hang up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Wish there was "ignore with text" option.....
    One of my favorite features that I do miss. Very useful for when in meetings and you can't answer the phone, but since it's a phone conference and not a live or video conference you can text them back..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts