1.    #1  
    Is it possible to make the Pre vibrate whenever I get new email alerts? My old Treo 755p did this easily using ChatterEmail. I don't see anything under preferences, and yes my vibration function is on (at least it vibrates for incoming phone calls).

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Yep, go to your email preferences, click on your email account you want to vibrate, and the turn vibration on
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Yep, go to your email preferences, click on your email account you want to vibrate, and the turn vibration on
    Can't seem to find a vibrate function in my email preferences. What OS version do you have? I'm running 1.02
    Also, if you turn on the notification sound, the vibrate option will disappear (but it is forced on not off). So turning on the sound turns on vibrate as well.

But you have to do this for each email account you have individually.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Email>Menu>Preferences & Accounts>Click on Account you want to be notified>New Message options box (almost the top)
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I have it set to vibrate, but I must say thats one pathetic vibrate alert. Really needs to be stronger/longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I have it set to vibrate, but I must say thats one pathetic vibrate alert. Really needs to be stronger/longer.
    Agreed, the vibrate is kinda weak. I can feel it in the side case, and probably could feel it in my pocket if I were wearing jeans. There's no hope of feeling it while driving, however. I think the short duration is actually good, I just wish it was a little higher intensity.
  8.    #8  

Cool, thanks it works! It was deeply hidden within a few layers to even get to this preference.

Here's what I did:

I opened my Email app (which is AOL)

Clicked on Inbox

Clicked on top left screen to get Preferences & Accounts

Clicked on "AOL" under "ACCOUNTS" box

New window opens: Clicked to turn ON "Show Notification", and clicked ON "Play Sound", and then you will momentarily see a third hidden option to click ON "Vibrate". For some weird reason, this 3rd option is hidden, and you won't see it until you hit one of the other buttons such as to turn on Play Sound. Very freakin strange to hide the Vibrate option!

Also, next box down I was able to delete the silly "sent from Palm Pre" message!!

I also changed to show "ALL" emails from my AOL account. My account was already set to "As items arrive" which is push email.

Here's my one big gripe: The vibration function is barely noticeable! It vibrates only for a split second it seems, and the sound goes ding-ding which is also barely noticeable. I wish it would vibrate much more and ring much louder. Any ideas from anyone?

EDIT: I posted this a bit delayed, and just now noticed that others have expressed the same things as I have.
    Casey
    Do you know if it's possible to change the alert ringtones? Also, when I silence the ringer on my phone, the system sounds are still on so I still get sound when I dial and when I receive messages. Is there a way to have everything silence when I silence the ringer?

Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ET View Post
    Do you know if it's possible to change the alert ringtones? Also, when I silence the ringer on my phone, the system sounds are still on so I still get sound when I dial and when I receive messages. Is there a way to have everything silence when I silence the ringer?

Thanks.
    I don't know, but maybe try sliding the dedicated mute switch at top right of Pre? Just guessing.
    Casey
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    very weak.

Two options, long continuous vibrate, or short vibrate like currently is all that's needed.
    Kev, hows it going sir? I haven't been on alt for awhile since my job blocked it. I guess you jumped to the Pre from the iPhone?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I don't know, but maybe try sliding the dedicated mute switch at top right of Pre? Just guessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ET View Post

Thanks.
    This is correct. The only thing I have found that it won't silence is your alarm clock.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I agree, I find it difficult to notice when being place in pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    ...My old Treo 755p did this easily using ChatterEmail...
    I loved this feature with ChatterMail. I had mine set to 3 vibrations. That way I could tell if it was a text, email, or phone call by the type/number of vibrations. I am a huge Palm fan but am a little disappointed over the lack of control/options that are available on the Pre compared to the Treo/Centro.
    IIIxe > Tungsten T > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre