1.    #1  
    How soon after you purchase the Pre do you have to decide on TEP?

I'm assuming 30 days? I would think that if anything happens in the first 30 days, they replace it anyway.

This seems like it might be worth it at this point with all the issues described, cracked screens, etc..
    Last edited by bonesz; 06/15/2009 at 12:09 PM.
    Yes you have 30 days from the date of purchase to opt into the insurance. Also, they seem to offer a month every year (May) where they open enrollment.
    Yep you have 30 days. I signed up for TEP when I got my Pre on the 6th. It's the first time I've purchased insurance on a phone, but I decided on getting it for my Pre.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Somehow, TEP ended up on my account anyway - I did not order it. Just your bill online, you may already have it. Thought I read it was an automatic on the Pre.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    The $84 for tep was part of the purchase price in my mind, and I wish i had the opportunity to pay for it for the year(with a small discount) as opposed to each month.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Somehow, TEP ended up on my account anyway - I did not order it.
    This has happened to me in the past with Sprint. They ask you if you want the TEP and you say no and they add it to your account any way. Typical of any business with minimum wage employees in customer service. They just don't care about the job.

I would call and insist on a refund. Worked for me.
    There were no questions - I am sure the rep just did it. Actually, I want it, at least for the first six months or so. But yes, it is easy to cancel - I usually just cncel it online.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin