1. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    literraly, in addition to white spots on my screen and my phone getting hot i cant wait for my new unit. iv got my email's set to check every 6 hours!!!
    that means my phone only gets to check emails ONCE and im using 2 extra batteries to get me through the day

anyone else experiencing this?
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    What exactly are you doing with your phone during those 6 hours? Battery life isn't as good as my bb curve but I can get through the day with moderate usage.
    Yeah, I'm having to charge it a lot but I don't know if mine is as bad as yours seems to be.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't know. I think that may be the first we've heard of those issues.
  5. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    thats just it..it doesnt matter if im browsing the web or doing nothing on the phone but sending a few txt's, battery dies in literraly about 6-7 hours
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    The Palm Pre hardware forum users have developed these realistic tips and my own battery life has gone from about 7 hours to "all day" meaning I charge while sleeping, and it's not 0% then. More like 15-25% when I hit the pillow.

I'm not allowed to post links yet, so paste this into your browser:

forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=weboshardware&message.id=447&jump=true#M447
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Mine is lasting a long time now. I still have it set to "check as it arrives" and have bluetooth on, GPS, etc. I took mine off the charger at 9:30 yesterday A.M. and when I went to bed at 11:30 last night, I still had 57% remaining.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    My Pre drains pretty darn slowly when not in use at all (sleep mode) so methinks you have email settings wrong or you are logged into an IM client (BAD).
    My Pre is behaving very badly today too, i don't know why. The email is constantly searching, even though i hvae it set for once an hour, my phone is getting very hot, and battery life is decreasing quickly.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    turn off ALL notifications.....
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I was having the same issues until I removed my hotmail email account, now I get 10 hrs at least out of it with moderate use.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I don't know what settings you have but yesterday i took my phone off the charger (8AM) and by 11pm my phone was at 42%. Currently i have 2 EAS accounts pushing email when they arrive and 1 yahoo account that pushes every 15 minutes. I used Pandora for about 15-30 minutes, made and received phone calls, was on WIFI for most of the day, and was texting throughout the day. If you're phone is hot, i recommend you take off the battery and wait for the phone to cool off and reboot. Someday last week my phone was doing the exact same thing and afterwards my phone has worked fine.
    If you're in a weak signal area, you could see very poor battery life from constantly seeking for the network. That'll chew through a battery pretty quickly.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    My battery drains in about 6 hours just sitting as well, the whole time I get 2 bars max, so I think signal searching is the likely issue.