Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Comon nothing new has come out since Friday, do you guys think will see something new today. We need to see allot of apps this week if Palm plans to put a dent into iphone sales.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 06/16/2009 at 07:33 AM.
    What we need is a notification to pop up with a sound when new or updated apps appear in the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    We need to see allot of apps this week if Palm plans to put a dent into iphone sales.
    I think that's a fairly dubious proposition.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Hmm, I say we have 42 new apps this week and that will make the Pre way better than iPhone.

How's that?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think that's a fairly dubious proposition.
    I agree cause once they release an SDK we may have allot of apps being released on a daily basis like now the iphone store gets about 70 a day and I wouldn't want to be notified every day.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Hmm, I say we have 42 new apps this week and that will make the Pre way better than iPhone.

How's that?
    I like the way you think.
    Come on palm at least send an update giving us all multiple pages and the call timer...DO IT!!
  8.    #8  
    another disappointing day for the Palm Pre as far as apps are concerned, that is 3 days now.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    another disappointing day for the Palm Pre as far as apps are concerned, that is 3 days now.
    Well, they haven't released the SDK yet so you probably won't see much activity. I wouldn't be too disappointed. Wasn't it nearly a year before iPhone allowed third party apps?
    Well, they haven't released the SDK yet so you probably won't see much activity. I wouldn't be too disappointed. Wasn't it nearly a year before iPhone allowed third party apps?
    It was something like that.. But, in my opinion, just because Apple did it, doesn't mean that Palm has to follow suit.. Palm had the opportunity to see the mistakes that Apple made, and to respond with the Pre without making those same mistakes.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    It was something like that.. But, in my opinion, just because Apple did it, doesn't mean that Palm has to follow suit.. Palm had the opportunity to see the mistakes that Apple made, and to respond with the Pre without making those same mistakes.
    Very true. But still, remember it's only a week old. We can debate on whether they did enough QA before release but I can tell you, it doesn't matter how much you QA a product, you won't find every single issue until you release it in the wild.

My guess is that Palm wants to make sure they have their hands around all of the major post-release glitches before they release it to developers. If you have third-party developers writing apps to work with bad code then you end up breaking all of those apps when you fix the code.

All I'm saying is give it time. A week is not enough.
    The Instant Gratification Generation.
    Very true. But still, remember it's only a week old. We can debate on whether they did enough QA before release but I can tell you, it doesn't matter how much you QA a product, you won't find every single issue until you release it in the wild.

My guess is that Palm wants to make sure they have their hands around all of the major post-release glitches before they release it to developers. If you have third-party developers writing apps to work with bad code then you end up breaking all of those apps when you fix the code.

All I'm saying is give it time. A week is not enough.
    Very Good Point...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    The Instant Gratification Generation.
    This is a very good point. Absolutely everything has to be right now for a lot of people. Who cares what Palm does in relation to Apple, there is nothing wrong with being number 2 or 3 when it comes to a multimillion dollar industry. I for one do not personally look forward to the time when the app store gets 70 to 80 new apps each and every day. I mean really, how many fart apps do you really need?

Releasing the SDK to early will lead to hundreds of "programmers" crying about how hard it is to work with because it isn't 'polished' enough. But then you have the mature been around the block a few times kind of developers that understand how the game is played and are willing and able to over come shortcomings in the SDK.

So really it is damned if you do and dammed if you don't. I for one knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that buying a Pre meant dry spells on new apps, and updates.

Palm did drop the ball on a few simple concepts but what phone is perfect out of the box? Palm is aiming for the fat middle, not the hardcore tech crowd exclusively (native tethering and the ability to run XYZ rom nativity) or the I want to impress my friends with eleventy billion apps that I have.
    All of you patient folks are of course correct, but a little thing called COMPETITION is in the wind. I imagine we get some cool apps right about the time Apple fanboys are lined up to get a 3Gs and 3G owners are struggling with the glitches in 3.0.

This battle has been joined and all Palm needs is a toehold to declare victory.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I just want to make a phonecall..... You all need to lay off the coffee. Just be patient. There is no victory... this isnt the gladiator. Its a cell phone with a lot of new technology. Give these people a chance to iron things out. You need a solid foundation 1st to build on for this phone to thrive. If not you always have a fast 70 app fart a day shiny iphone 3GS waiting for you. But you are gonna have to close the fart app before you sift through version number 45 of the lighter app only to have loaded the light saber app by accident. I guess those are vital to your happiness with a smartphone. patience my friends you will get your cake
  17.    #17  
    well nothing this morning either, what's going on Palm?
    well nothing this morning either, what's going on Palm?
    They decided not to release apps today specifically to anger you.
  19.    #19  
    I knew it, palm damn you!
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakej View Post
    This is a very good point. Absolutely everything has to be right now for a lot of people. .
    It's almost like they purchased a consumer electronics device and expected to do stuff with it out of the box!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast