Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Hopefully Palm is doing the following:

-Working on fixes for known bugs, with an os update before the end of the week.
    -Developing items for the WebOs that are "must haves" to compete with the next iphone, for example video.
    -Examining, testing, and approving apps that will double the contents in the App Catalog this week, focusing on quality not quantity.

If they do these things, this will be a successful week and it will show that Palm will be a force to recon with despite Apple.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    Hopefully Palm is doing the following:

-Working on fixes for known bugs, with an os update before the end of the week.
    -Developing items for the WebOs that are "must haves" to compete with the next iphone, for example video.
    -Examining, testing, and approving apps that will double the contents in the App Catalog this week, focusing on quality not quantity.

If they do these things, this will be a successful week and it will show that Palm will be a force to recon with despite Apple.
    You said it, HOPEFULLY
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    It's almost like they purchased a consumer electronics device and expected to do stuff with it out of the box!
    And they can't? I had those expectations and actually can do a whole lot of things OoTB....
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I knew it, palm damn you!
    rofl
    I'm not convinced that much will happen in the app catalog until it comes out of beta. Do we even know how Plam intends to handle purchases? Will this be done via the catalog?
  6.    #26  
    we know nothing
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Come on... give it some time...this phone is a lot different than the Samsung Instinct, that was a real failure.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I think they will not release the SDK until they can fix the app store and get it out of Beta. Hopefully soon!
    I know they say they are NOT competiting with apple but lets face it... They can't wait now... Not when the majority of the population can possible make a leap over to the PRE from the iPhone. I talked to a buddy of mine which is a VP for Sprint and he said one of the biggest priorities right now is video record and that was the reason the facebook app was not released because they want to put in video upload. I also hear that youtube upload will happen when the video record comes. Just like with the generic photo upload on the device for facebook. Hang tight guys... I'm sure they will make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    If you have third-party developers writing apps to work with bad code then you end up breaking all of those apps when you fix the code.

All I'm saying is give it time. A week is not enough.
    It's worse than that. Programmers will use bugs as "shortcuts" in their code. Then the bug is fixed, and the program stops working. Guess who the end user blames?

I've seen this happen so many times with so many different OS's.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It's worse than that. Programmers will use bugs as "shortcuts" in their code. Then the bug is fixed, and the program stops working. Guess who the end user blames?

I've seen this happen so many times with so many different OS's.
    This can happen at any time. It's not an excuse for delaying the SDK.

Palm obviously has a workable SDK, as they've given it to a set number of developers, as well as used it themselves. There's absolutely no reason they could not open the SDK right now, as is, with the disclosure that the SDK may change in the future.

Apple has no problems doing this, so Palm shouldn't either. The phone is already released. If the SDK isn't ready, then that doesn't say good things about the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmitek View Post
    Come on... give it some time...this phone is a lot different than the Samsung Instinct, that was a real failure.
    100% agree!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  14.    #34  
    FlightView has been updated in the App Store, no new apps.
    PPAAAALLLMMMM!!! naw im kiddin, give it time my friends, no sdk yet means only big corps and peeps with money get access right now, once they free up the SDK we will see a hugh influx of apps IMHO
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    This can happen at any time. It's not an excuse for delaying the SDK.

Palm obviously has a workable SDK, as they've given it to a set number of developers, as well as used it themselves. There's absolutely no reason they could not open the SDK right now, as is, with the disclosure that the SDK may change in the future.

Apple has no problems doing this, so Palm shouldn't either. The phone is already released. If the SDK isn't ready, then that doesn't say good things about the Pre.
    Well, let's be honest. Apple had no problems doing that nearly ONE YEAR AFTER the iPhone was released. Just saying, if we're making the iPhone comparison, let's be fair.
    All I want is an update to Tweed that makes it less choppy and integrates TwitPic. Is that so much to ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    The Instant Gratification Generation.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    FlightView has been updated in the App Store, no new apps.
    I can't wait to download this update!!! Who needs games for the phone when I can watch my in-laws flight in real time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakin3d View Post
    I think they will not release the SDK until they can fix the app store and get it out of Beta. Hopefully soon!
    My prediction is that they won't release the SDK until August? Why do I say this? Mitch Allen (from Palm) is writing an OReilly book on WebOS. The projected publish date for the book is mid-August.

Safari Books Online - 9780596802097 - Palm webOS, 1st Edition

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast