Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    First post guys. I have been reading since early January. Great forum.

This is my second Palm Pre in one week. First phone would turn off when closing the key board. Sent back and replaced. For the past 3 days I have really enjoyed my phone until yesterday morning.

When I go to bed I put my phone on the charger. Woke up and the "gesture button" would not light up or work. Did a "soft reset" and presto it came back to life. No biggie. Went to bed last night and before I charged the phone, the "gesture light" would not work. I mean it wouldn't work at all. No back button...nothing.

I figured "soft reset" in the morning and it would be okay. Nope. Did a "full reset" and nothing. Frustrated. I called Customer Support and we did everything she knew.

Now she wants me to send back and order a third phone. This is sad.

Does anybody have an idea??? I like the phone. Hate IPhone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    anybody?
    haven't heard this one before...
    Do you mean it simply doesn't light up, or not work at all? You do know that it's not a "gesture button", but simply just a button for bringing up cards, right? The actual gesture area is above the button, not on it.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm confused as to what your problem is too.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    The "slide" action left or right of the button would not "illuminate" the white light and allow me to use this feature as a back button or slide my fingers up and minimize the cards to move up and delete or close whatever cards that were open.

I could hold the button down and close the cards by moving my finger up. But, I could not do this with a "swipe" action.

Sorry if I confused anyone here.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh1970 View Post
    The "slide" action left or right of the button would not "illuminate" the white light and allow me to use this feature as a back button or slide my fingers up and minimize the cards to move up and delete or close whatever cards that were open.

I could hold the button down and close the cards by moving my finger up. But, I could not do this with a "swipe" action.

The button never worked like that. The only thing the button ever does is show all the cards.

The gestures you are trying to perform should be done in the black area ABOVE the button.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh1970 View Post

Still confused. The button is redundant. You never need to press the button to do anything. All it does is go into and out of card view which you can do using the touch screen. Swipe right to left goes back or into card view. Swipe up goes into card view or opens and closes launcher.