Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So today was the first day that I tried the pre's music player through the aux input in my car. I had an Iphone and the music was definately louder through the iphone than the palm pre. This was a big turn off because I like my music loud especially in my car with my system and the palm doesnt deliver. Have you guys noticed this?
    I had the same problem when I first connected my Pre to my car stereo, but then found that there are separate volume settings for this output, and after turning the volume up on the Pre, it was as loud as the CD in my stereo. The music is noticeably louder than the local radio stations at the same volume setting on my radio.
    Well, I don't know about the aux input on your radio. But the bluetooth inputs on my radio sound fantastic with the Pre. I got the JVC KD-R800 which has dual bluetooth inputs (as well as USB for your iPod) and it sounds awsome with the Pre. Check it out.
    Volume is fine with my pre and my cars aux
    Last edited by Yankees368; 06/15/2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    It sounds amazing in my car, are you sure you didn't turn the volume up once you plugged your cable in? It's definitely excessively loud actually all the way up.
    I have a stereo with a USB input. Threw my Pre into USB storage mode and bumped **** straight from the Pre. It was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    I have a stereo with a USB input. Threw my Pre into USB storage mode and bumped **** straight from the Pre. It was amazing.
    Amazing until someone tries to call you.
    Quote Originally Posted by j2lawson View Post
    I had the same problem when I first connected my Pre to my car stereo, but then found that there are separate volume settings for this output, and after turning the volume up on the Pre, it was as loud as the CD in my stereo. The music is noticeably louder than the local radio stations at the same volume setting on my radio.
    What are these specific volume settings for the output on the Pre?
    I thought you could only change ringer and music volume separately, but never saw any output volume settings.
    I really love it, since I don't have to carry around my bluetooth headset, just answer the phone and carry on a conversation as if I had a hands-free setup in the car. The person I am speaking with has no problems hearing me, and I have no problems at all hearing them.

It did startle me a bit the first time though, but now I just turn the volume all the way up on the music from the pre, so when the phone rings it wont be obnoxiously louder than the music was.
    Works great in my Mazda 3, via aux jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    What are these specific volume settings for the output on the Pre?
    I thought you could only change ringer and music volume separately, but never saw any output volume settings.
    I noticed, after connecting my pre to the Aux jack in my car that the volume was drasticly reduced from what I had it set to when normally talking on the phone, it was down to a setting of 2 from 10. I have no idea why that was.

I guess the main point I was trying to get across was to make sure you have the volume turned all of the way up on your Pre, then just control the volume from your car radio, and the output should have no problems matching the CDs the tracks were ripped from.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Y'all are funny.... who listens to something and when it's too quiet doesn't take the time to try and turn up the volume on all connected devices, but instead has the time to visit a forum and complain about how it sucks?
    works fine in 2007 jeep wrangler....via aux....pandora sounds kick ***...

God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I don't know about this issue, but I noticed my notifications were really quiet this morning even though I increased the volume on the side buttons all the way up. I went into Sounds and Ringtones and incresed both volume sliders all the way up. Might want to check and if this changes anything.
    I have a Lincoln Aviator and my Pre sounds as good as my iphone and my blackberry bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    I have a Lincoln Aviator...
    Sorry to hear that.

I keed, I keed...
    The Pre keeps separate volume settings not just for alarms and music, but also settings for each output. So a headset has different volume than headphones, and different volume than the speaker, and different volume than bluetooth. It's on purpose, and I like it, because it means I can keep the speaker loud but the headphones quiet.

To change each, just use the volume controls when you are hooked up to the equipment you want to change.

Also note that for some reason, many alarm noises will NOT play through anything but the speaker.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

I keed, I keed...

I was thinking the same thing. You said it, not me.
    My volume was really low at first, hit the volume up on the side one time, problem solved.
    Yeah my pre through my aux sounds really good. I would say almost cd quality like. My instinct's volume was really low but pres is nice and loud!!!! I was very surprised by the quality actually.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast