1.    #1  
    Do like the romans? haha, I made a funny..but seriously:

My pre will be arriving tomorrow. Im excited! I was just wondering what happens when the phone goes into roam. Will I get charged extra? I signed up for the $90 everything plan. is roaming included in that? Also what about data roaming? Is that included too?
    No roaming charges & you can enable data roaming (it is off by default).
    When you get the phone, open up the phone app (green icon on the quick launch) then click "Sprint" on the top left corner > Preferences > Enable Data Roaming
    Follow Me On

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    No roaming charges & you can enable data roaming (it is off by default).
    When you get the phone, open up the phone app (green icon on the quick launch) then click "Sprint" on the top left corner > Preferences > Enable Data Roaming
    Thanx! Im not that familair with roaming. When I go to our cabin upstate, my treo has one bar and is very weak. Keeps on going out of service then. Im assuming with the pre, it will go into roam and I can make calls?
    Yes, you will be able to make phone calls. The phone would probably roam onto Verizon's network.
    Follow Me On

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Yes, you will be able to make phone calls. The phone would probably roam onto Verizon's network.
    And its all included in my plan. Nice! I remember the days where you had to take out a second mortgage if you made a call while roaming!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    When I am roaming on Alltel (by forcing the phone to go EVDO only, since Sprint doesn't have EVDO in my area), I noticed that calls and texts stop arriving to my phone and calls go straight to voicemail. Is that supposed to happen? I remember on my Treo 700p, I still receive texts while roaming.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    When I am roaming on Alltel (by forcing the phone to go EVDO only, since Sprint doesn't have EVDO in my area), I noticed that calls and texts stop arriving to my phone and calls go straight to voicemail. Is that supposed to happen? I remember on my Treo 700p, I still receive texts while roaming.
    I got something like this the other day. I was playing with my data settings and turned it down to EVDO only from Hybrid rev a. The change seemed to give me a better signal. I changed the setting back when I got home from work and received a half dozen txts and a few vxmails that I didn't get while in EVDO only. I'm guessing EVDO only put me on a Verizon tower.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Interesting, may be it has something to do with evdo only mode (that's what I used as well). But I am not sure if you were on Verizon, cause as far as I know roaming on Verizon is 1x only.
    How does one force roaming on the Pre? My signal at work is horrible and I'm certain Verizon has full bars. The only option I see is "Sprint" or "Automatic"
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    How does one force roaming on the Pre? My signal at work is horrible and I'm certain Verizon has full bars. The only option I see is "Sprint" or "Automatic"
    It's not really 100% force roaming like what you are thinking, this will only work if you are in an area that doesn't have Sprint EVDO service but covered by Alltel EVDO. What i did was use ##EVDO# and select "EVDO only".

There is also a hack that will do true forced roaming, but you need to root the pre and apply patches.
    Wouldn't it be "do like the roamins"?
    I would like to see Sprint add a Roam only option so I don't have to hack my phone to get it.

It would help me a lot where the Sprint network gets a little spotty.
    I would like to see Sprint add a Roam only option so I don't have to hack my phone to get it.

It would help me a lot where the Sprint network gets a little spotty.
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    It's not really 100% force roaming like what you are thinking, this will only work if you are in an area that doesn't have Sprint EVDO service but covered by Alltel EVDO. What i did was use ##EVDO# and select "EVDO only".

There is also a hack that will do true forced roaming, but you need to root the pre and apply patches.
    Oh please Sprint/Palm allow forced roaming ... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. so I don't have to hack my phone.