Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    The number one reason: Cost! My Sprint Plan has a 24% discount because of where I work. AT&T is giving no corporate discounts for the IPhone. So for just over $50, I am getting unlimmited data, unlimited SMS/MMS, navigation, TV, etc. It ends up being an extra $35 or more for the same package per month!

Also,
    - My Battery is getting me through the day and beyond
    - The hacks have been awesome (especially the new page and the date/time stamp)
    ^ +1 ^
    Same here!!
    Because I don't need spell check.
    Because I love it, and look forward to even more functionality with app updates and WebOS updates.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Because I love it, and look forward to even more functionality with app updates and WebOS updates.
    What he said.

bj
    I'm keeping mine because webOS is the operating system of the future. I just love the UI and all the cool features of it. Combined with the Classic Garnet emulation I can currently do 98% of the what I could do on my 800w. In another month or 2 I expect it will be able to do 150% of what my 800w will do.

My device was a launch day device and I have had zero issues with software or hardware. It has great build quality and as far as I can tell zero bad pixels.

My Cloud experience has been very positive so far. I am really digging have my domain hosted at Google Apps my push email is instant and I am liking the Calender and I am OK with the contacts app. I know that Google apps will continue to get better and better.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    - Im still enjoying it, everytime I open it up I get a little grin.

- Sprint is dirt cheap and has excellent service in NYC.

- I like the touchstone.
    because it's a great phone and it's only gonna get better from here!
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    because it's a great phone and it's only gonna get better from here!
    +2 on this for me and my daughter!!!!!! She tells me all her friends think it's way cool! Her words not mine.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    ^^ Yeah, it's fun having to try to hide your phone in public places because everybody sees it and they're like "wow you got the new Palm? Too cool!"

This phone is too sexy to not keep. It is far more stable and reliable to use than my old 755p already. After experiencing multitasking I don't think I could ever go back to a phone that doesn't multitask. And being a hacker at heart, having root access to my phone and being able to change stuff I don't like is like a dream.

Thank you Palm.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    The number one reason: Cost! My Sprint Plan has a 24% discount because of where I work. AT&T is giving no corporate discounts for the IPhone. So for just over $50, I am getting unlimmited data, unlimited SMS/MMS, navigation, TV, etc. It ends up being an extra $35 or more for the same package per month!

Also,
    - My Battery is getting me through the day and beyond
    - The hacks have been awesome (especially the new page and the date/time stamp)
    gigaorg,

I get a discount from AT&T because of where I work (22%). I'm not sure if there is a difference between a corporate account and a business account. My account is not an account managed by my company, but I get a discount only because AT&T offers a discount to employees of my company.

The only reason I have an AT&T account is so that my little sister can have an iPhone at a discount. They do offer the 22% discount for her plan. She gets the discount on the minutes, data, and text (although AT&T says they don't give a discount on the text portion, I guess they have an error in their system).

The bottom line is AT&T does offer discount on the iPhone plan. Don't get me wrong, I would never pay it. I have the account only because my sister wanted an iPhone. I have my Treo 650 on a Sprint account, I get a 25% discount because of my company.
    -Love the OS. Other mobile OSes feel increasingly kludgy and compromising in comparison the more I use it. Multitasking is a godsend particularly when researching and finding points of interest.
    -Love the hardware (I got a "good" one I guess)
    -Love Sprint so far. I couldn't even make calls from home when I had AT&T. Plus the Sprint data plans are well priced.

My only issue is how fingerprint friendly it is, but that is common with this finish. I have had a Sandisk Sansa mp3 player with the EXACT same finish for the last year and a half or so and it is in perfect shape, so I am not too worried about scratches.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I'm keeping mine because it's the most incredible phone I've ever owned. I love being able to sync with facebook, gmail, and exchange. I love being able to keep my personal calendar on gmail where it stays personal, and have my business calendar on Exchange, where it can stay business, but see both calendars together seamlessly. I love the multitasking and the overall ease of use. I love Touchstone as well. That's the coolest charging system I've ever seen on a phone and I'm totally hooked on it. I have 2 of them already, and I'm seriously considering getting a third one for the car.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    1. In my experience, WebOS 1.0.2 is already more usable and friendly than WinMo 6.
    2. WebOS is fluid and smooth.
    3. Hardware has been stellar.
    4. It's not an Apple.
    5. Touchstone; enough said.
    6. I get to stay with Sprint (I'm a 10+ year customer).
    7. Longtime fan of Palm; I want to see them succeed.
    8. I am a gadget geek, and I love watching iPhone users get into a tizzy when they see my Pre and get to play with it. I've converted quite a few iPhone users already!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am keeping my pre. Have had every palm from the first to the 700p. I liked the treos but this phone rocks. It does everything my 7"" was suppose to do but out of the box. Things like push email gps emailing pics pandora,and multitasking is great.
    I LOVE this phone! It has 10 times as much potential as the iPhone and when it has some time to mature into a better platform like the iPhone OS has, it will bulldoze the iPhone into the ground! It is starting out a year head of were the iPhone did and it has miles more room to spread to. I LOVE the multi-touch screen, apps, keyboard, everything!!! The only thing that will make me get a new phone is if a car runs over it. In which case I'll just get another one!!!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The only thing that will make me get a new phone is if a car runs over it. In which case I'll just get another one!!!
    Don't jinx yourself!

I'm also keeping mine. Love it so far. So cool to be able to have multiple browsers open and still be able to text and receive calls, etc. Not too thrilled with the Notes and Tasks apps after they worked so well for me on my Treo 680 but I'm getting used to it. And my battery life has improved a bunch since I first got it.
    I'm keeping mine mainly because it is 100x better than my last phone. I seem to not have any real problems with mine either with the phone, or software. Not too buggy at all.

Sure, I'd like to see improvements, but I'm fairly confident that as WebOS matures, it will only get better. The battery life seems fine to me, other than the other day when it was in Roaming, and searching for a signal.. got pretty warm, and my battery went from about 75% to 35% in a matter of an hour or two. That kinda sucked.
    I've finally decided to keep my Pre and not go back to my bb.

1. It was so easy to get my songs on to, perfect.
    2. i like the ease of it.
    3. I like the fact that it's narrower than my BB, even though it's thicker and weightier.
    4. Apps selection will be greater, and sooooooo much easier upload to than on a BB.
    5. I love the camera
    6. Touchstone charging kicks a**
    7. easy easy easy syncing and automatic backup. wow. love it.

That being said, palm, pLEEEEEASE let me upload pics from my album to facebook in a push of a buttom. thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast