Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well it has been a week and two days now, What kinds of issues are the peeps in Florida having? What are you suggestions?

So far I guess I have been pretty lucky (knock on wood). I have not had many issues at all. I hope most of us have had the same luck.

Here are some pics of my Pre with the Bodygaurdz shield on it and I think it looks and works great. I have the touchstone charger so I did not apply the back shield.

I also have adjusted the settings to get much more battery life. Turned off all location services, GPS, IM, Only get Gmail every hour, Main email as they come in. I have the Airave device and I leave WIFI on 100% of the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My only issue is with bad pixels. I returned the first one with 3 bad pixels and the replacement has 10. Going to call the store today to see if I can do another exchange. And this time I'll ask to view it booting in a dark closet that they have so I check for bad pixels.

Excellent job on the Bodyguardz, did you do that or have it done somewhere?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Maybe this thread should be in the "location forum"?

http://forums.precentral.net/official-location-forum/
  4.    #4  
    Did it myself, I was very surprised that it came out as well as it did. Well I hope you have better luck the third time around.
    I have not had any issues and the build quality on my Pre is amazing. No dead pixels, no slide problems, no creaking battery door.

To the OP: I have a bestskinsever which is similar to bodyguardz and it has no problems with my Touchstone.
    No problems here, build quality is fine..knock on wood!
    I had to return my first Pre because the slide was bad, now on the new one the door for the charger broke off. Other than that the phone is working great.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do dead pixels look like on the Pre? How would one know if he or she has dead pixels?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Key West here! And yes it SUCKS down here (if you live here you know what I mean). But I love my Pre. If anybody near me (yeah right) needs help, I'd be more than happy. I use lots of homebrew and made a bunch of mods with root access. I even got terminal working. I know just enough to alllllmost be dangerous. LOL
    my wife and I both moved to Sprint when the Pre came out.

Let me jusy say we LOVE our PREs!!!!

We live near Gainesville Fl and Sprint is good everywhere but our bedroom. I guess I can call that a bonus, but either way do well w/WIFI at home and probably will also get the airave sooner or later to complete the package.

I love my unit so much, i've begun researching development and program which I haven't done in years. Very cool system across the board.

How did you apply the Bodyguard and get it on so clean?

Sorli...
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    My signal is great in Fort Myers. Love my Pre
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    I am thinking of getting a Pre. What is the coverage like in Jacksonville and St. Augustine? We are buying a home in St. Johns Golf and Country Club.

Thanks.
    I'm from Orlando and I have decent service. I roam more often than I would like but at least I still get phone and text service while roaming. No data while roaming though.
    Work from Florida City to Vero Beach. Sebestian gives me a headache with roaming quite often however, from Vero to the Keys, its all good.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by netviper View Post
    I am thinking of getting a Pre. What is the coverage like in Jacksonville and St. Augustine? We are buying a home in St. Johns Golf and Country Club.

Thanks.
    To tell You the truth I have alltel from work which works off of verizon and have ATT&T in the past. None of them work in them work very well in the World Golf area except for SPRINT. Its been so long since I have dropped a call I can't remember when it was.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do dead pixels look like on the Pre? How would one know if he or she has dead pixels?
    If it looks like or is dead Pixels then try the flashing colors on You Tube to try and fix. Many have have good luck with this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    my wife and I both moved to Sprint when the Pre came out.

Let me jusy say we LOVE our PREs!!!!

We live near Gainesville Fl and Sprint is good everywhere but our bedroom. I guess I can call that a bonus, but either way do well w/WIFI at home and probably will also get the airave sooner or later to complete the package.

I love my unit so much, i've begun researching development and program which I haven't done in years. Very cool system across the board.

How did you apply the Bodyguard and get it on so clean?

Sorli...
    Just have to take your time and use plenty of the solution. If you need help then just PM. I only live in St Augustine.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by talsair View Post
    Key West here! And yes it SUCKS down here (if you live here you know what I mean). But I love my Pre. If anybody near me (yeah right) needs help, I'd be more than happy. I use lots of homebrew and made a bunch of mods with root access. I even got terminal working. I know just enough to alllllmost be dangerous. LOL
    Same here, if you need help with the homebrews just let me know. I live in St Augustine near World Golf. Working on getting some development started myself.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by fireyfuzzball View Post
    I'm from Orlando and I have decent service. I roam more often than I would like but at least I still get phone and text service while roaming. No data while roaming though.
    If you go into the phone dialer pref you can turn on data roaming. I turn it on and off all the time when needed.
    I'm in Daytona and work all over the state. It's funny the Pre works in some places that the Mogul had dead zones. I do see the R a little to much, but it is usually only for a short period of time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast