1.    #1  
    will this phone replace an ipod? for instance will I be able to eventually get a docking station with speakers to play a playlist, hook it up to my car, etc?

I am really not tech savvy, I really would like to use the phone to its fullest capablilites. Thanks!!
    Depends on how much DRM protected material you have and if you use the itunes store from your device...neither does the Pre support.
    I doubt you will see a 'docking station' per se.. But you can already use it like and ipod. Plug into a wall charger and a 3.5mm male to 2 av output and plug into your stereo or aux input in your car.. There are some bluetooth kits that allow you to skip the audio input cable so all you would need is a charger..
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have the same question...

Does anyone expect that (hardware) adapters will be generated to make the Pre work with speaker systems originally designed to work with ipods? Do they already exist?

Would a "3.5mm male to 2 av output" work for these?
    will this phone replace an ipod? for instance will I be able to eventually get a docking station with speakers to play a playlist, hook it up to my car, etc?

I am really not tech savvy, I really would like to use the phone to its fullest capablilites. Thanks!!
    I'm not tech savvy either, but I haven't been using my iPod except for audio books since I've gotten the Pre. With Pandora and bluetooth it's a lot more flexible. I understand from people with bluetooth stereo in their cars, they play Pandora and other music over the speakers.

Currently, I just keep my bluetooth headset in my ear and I listen to News Podcasts. It's also cool to plug an external speaker or headset into the headset jack and still be able to answer my calls on the bluetooth headset.

I have a Jabra BT8040 and it's convenient to listen to music w/o having to take off your headset to hear if someone pops in to talk to you (i.e you don't miss the beginning of the conversation and say excuse me as you remove your headset).

I'm getting another car soon and it has the Bluetooth stereo setup. I think that will be a dream. However, there are plenty of FM Bluetooth and audio jack transmitters that will allow you to transmit through your stereo.

As far as people making speaker sets specifically for Pre like the do the iPod, it's not as necessary or as simple. It has a micro USB connector for charging so either people will use the audiio jack or bluetooth for transmission and a USB port for you to plug in your charger or they'll have to use the new conductive charging capabilities.
    Since they already use the USB, bluetooth and audio jack for current generic MP3 players, I expect them to troot out those same devices for the Pre. The beauty of the Pre is that it doesn't require an exclusive charging source so adapters and accessories don't have to be made for sole use of the Pre.