Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With each new problem that shows up, it looks like Sprint is the one who may take it on the chin. During its six month exclusive, many of the problems will likely be addressed and the other carriers will receive a much more finished product. Sprint is left with the bad first impression, especially from customers that switched from other carriers.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I think the first impression from major outlets and most customers are all positive.

First carrier sure carries more risks, its unavoidable.
    People with issues are always the most vocal and will be there complaining no matter what. I think the number of people completely satisfied way outnumber the ones who aren't.

Who the heck jumps to a new carrier and buys a phone that just came should expect problems no matter what carrier it is on anyway.

Plus who knows, the next upgrade to the Pre might also be a sprint exclusive at first.
    Pre only slightly less polished than iphone when it was released...and way better than intro of G1.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    People with issues are always the most vocal and will be there complaining no matter what. I think the number of people completely satisfied way outnumber the ones who aren't.

Who the heck jumps to a new carrier and buys a phone that just came should expect problems no matter what carrier it is on anyway.

Plus who knows, the next upgrade to the Pre might also be a sprint exclusive at first.
    I think that most people here knew that this was a 1.0 product. We knew it was going to rough around the edges so to speak. The real issue we have here is with the battery-reception issue.

Without that fixed within the next few weeks. You will see plenty of people dumping their Pre's at the end of 30 days. I will be one of them. Personally, I don't want to do that. I do enjoy what this product is and where it can go.

Without a working phone though, I'm not willing to stay with the company till it gets fixed. I have better options and Palm/Sprint better realize this. Otherwise they are in a world of hurt to come.
    Didnt Hesse say it was longer than 6 months, who knows how long.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    I think that most people here knew that this was a 1.0 product. We knew it was going to rough around the edges so to speak. The real issue we have here is with the battery-reception issue.
    I agree that most of the people HERE understand it's a 1.0 release (although in some ways this seems almost a beta), I don't think the general public will have the same level of tolerance. Customers won't be comparing the Pre to the iPhone 1.0, they'll be comparing it to the currently available iPhone.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Seriously, I'm not having any problems with mine..and it's not any more buggy than my old Sanyo M1, plus I have faith they will fix the minor bugs very quickly.
    I'm not having any issues with mine. I think WebOS 1.02 is already more stable than WM 6.1
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno View Post
    Seriously, I'm not having any problems with mine..and it's not any more buggy than my old Sanyo M1, plus I have faith they will fix the minor bugs very quickly.
    I'm having a pretty similar experience. I've noticed very few bugs and am impressed by how much faster and slicker the experience is than the one on my T-Mobile G1.
    I feel like my Pre is way more stable than my BB Pearl was. I struggles to find websites and apps I could actually use with the Pearl.
    My Pre is definitely more stable than my 755p was (although to be fair to the 755p, most stability problems are caused by 3rd party apps, the most notorious being Opera Mini). But there's something to be said for the superiority of the Linux platform over the old PalmOS. It's going to be a lot less likely that a 3rd party app will destabilize the phone the way it used to be on PalmOS.

In my experience, so far zero crashes, zero lockups, and zero involuntary reboots.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Not having any MAJOR issues with my Pre, but it does suffer memory leaks, terrible battery, yellowish tint @ bottom right hand corner, a few spotty light spots along bottom of screen, 1 dead pixel, dead battery notification gets stuck and requires reset, and gets very, very hot at times.

I will be exchanging my Pre (because its the best handset ever created-in my opinion) and due to the screen issues & hopefully webOS 1.0.3 will resolve my other issues
    I don't know what everything is talking about. I have had this phone since day 1. The iphone couldnt do anything but safari, regular text, youtube and itunes for just about the first 18 months of it's life(then the App store came).. And still no pic text. The Storm is as fast as a turtle with a broken leg, and 8 months after its release, still is slow and has many problems.
    My Pre does EVERYTHING those phones do now(iphone 2 years old and my newborn pre is better) and much more..
    So if the Pre at 10 days old is a BETA, what would you call those other phones NOW??
    I agree it is exactly what I expected, and no different than my G1 on first day or my 3G iphone, and certainly more stable than any smartphone from the past.
    I expected Beta and got it. My several thousand dollar Canon 5GMkII first month was already having updates for glitches. My Maytag washer, had a board update, and a door redesign.
    Quote Originally Posted by noblejohn View Post
    Not having any MAJOR issues with my Pre, but it does suffer memory leaks, terrible battery, yellowish tint @ bottom right hand corner, a few spotty light spots along bottom of screen, 1 dead pixel, dead battery notification gets stuck and requires reset, and gets very, very hot at times.

I will be exchanging my Pre (because its the best handset ever created-in my opinion) and due to the screen issues & hopefully webOS 1.0.3 will resolve my other issues
    LOL!!! Your first paragraph lists a number of serious issues, yet you go on to claim it's the best handset ever created. That makes a lot of sense! /sarcasm...
    For the most part, 80%, I love the Pre...

Battery life is a huge issue... but I made it through a shift at work without charging it... nine hours... but just barely made it through the day.

I think any veteran smartphone user is already accustomed to having a charger at home, work, car, etc.

After a few days of heavy use... I've realized that fancy graphics, UI, swiping, animations, etc. are not really as important as having a POWERFUL device... and let's face it folks, Windows Mobile 5/6/6.1 is pretty powerful. Too bad it's so ugly. I miss it already... but I'm sticking with the Pre (for now).
    I'm willing to accept glitches on the non-essential functions of the phone (apps, etc).

But for 3 days in a row now, I've had new and exciting glitches that cause the phone to become inoperable. The first time, I got a "Phone Unavailable" in the upper left corner where "Sprint" usually is. A reboot was the only thing to fix it. It wasn't in "airplane mode", fyi.

The 2nd time, the entire screen wouldn't come on. Nothing. It was locked up in such a way that required me to remove the battery for a second and then re-insert it.

The 3rd time, my phone was stuck in "Searching" (normally where "Sprint" is) for a good portion of the day yesterday. I didn't realize it and I missed a bunch of calls. It was stuck in "Search" mode and only a reboot fixed it.

FYI, from my experience w/the phone, it appears that changes in networks (and searching for networks) causes the phone to freak out at times... ultimately to a point of requiring a reboot to get it out of it's vicious cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    With each new problem that shows up, it looks like Sprint is the one who may take it on the chin. During its six month exclusive, many of the problems will likely be addressed and the other carriers will receive a much more finished product. Sprint is left with the bad first impression, especially from customers that switched from other carriers.
    What has been your experience? Can you comment on the problems you found??

Personally (since I have actually had one for 9 days now), it has been a good device. I do not really miss my Touch Pro - maybe a few apps, but nothing else. Are there problems? Sure. Reception is definitely a problem for some, but not for me. But I still have not seen any new smartphone come out of the door in perfect shape.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm not having any issues with mine. I think WebOS 1.02 is already more stable than WM 6.1
    I totally agree with this statement.

I have far less trouble with my Pre than I had with my WinMo phone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast