1.    #1  
    I'm on long conference calls a lot so I use the mute and speaker buttons all the time. Problem is I kept hitting the hang up button by accident because it's so close to the rest of the buttons.

Instructions: Get root access (pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access) and replace the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views/activecall/activecall-scene.html with the one attached. Restart the phone and bam. The buttons only move to the top when in a call.

activecall-scene.zip

phone_2009-15-06_010809.jpg
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    That happened to me for the first time today... I pulled the phone off my ear for a sec or two then back up to my ear and BAM it hung up the call. GRRRR.... Might have to try this... It goes to the top only when in a call, then back down the the bottom when hung up? Interesting!
  3. joelpalm
    Very nice sir, very nice! I am liking the way this is going.
    This makes me very hesitant to root my pre....
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Why? Elaborate.
    Thank you for what you did! I really appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Why would you be hesitant to root it from this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    : the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views/activecall/activecall-scene.html with the one attached.
    Once I have root access how can I transfer the file to replace it?
    Maybe the possibility that rooting period could mess with a future update from palm? Or is this not likely and solved by a hard reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by theromanone View Post
    Maybe the possibility that rooting period could mess with a future update from palm? Or is this not likely and solved by a hard reset?
    Worst case you can use WebOS Doctor from Palm to reload the firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by theromanone View Post
    If a future update from Palm changes the dialer interface, then it's likely going to replace the file altogether and your changes would disappear. I wouldn't be worried about that. The only way I see this being a problem would be if Palm were to install updates using text-based patches instead of just installing files, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that especially since they are aware that people are actively accessing and modding the pre's internals (not to mention it's simply riskier - you never know what problems you'd be causing for a 3rd party app).
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    Once I have root access how can I transfer the file to replace it?
    Copy it over ssh (use scp). I wouldn't recommend rooting your Pre if you are not at all comfortable in a Linux/Unix command line environment to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Copy it over ssh (use scp). I wouldn't recommend rooting your Pre if you are not at all comfortable in a Linux/Unix command line environment to begin with.
    I've been making severl mods as is but for some reason I have been having trouble connecting and was unable to connect so I was wondering of other methods but I just read some other posts where people are having connection issue with Windows 7 64-bit and I was trying to connect from my Win7 machine. I later tried on my Mac and no issues. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    If a future update from Palm changes the dialer interface, then it's likely going to replace the file altogether and your changes would disappear. I wouldn't be worried about that. The only way I see this being a problem would be if Palm were to install updates using text-based patches instead of just installing files, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that especially since they are aware that people are actively accessing and modding the pre's internals (not to mention it's simply riskier - you never know what problems you'd be causing for a 3rd party app).
    Ahh, gotcha!