1.    #1  
    Hi,

I really love my Pre so far. However, the battery cover has started to be really creaky when I'm typing. I hadn't noticed it before tonight, so I'm thinking it's gotten pronounced recently. I hadn't seen people post about this, so I was curious as to whether that's been an issue with anyone.

Thanks!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I had that issue with my Centro. It bugged the stew out of me.
    yeah after a couple months my 755 started doing that. It never really got to bad though but kind of annoying.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I had that creaking and loose battery cover experience with my 700p. Over two years later and I can't recall when I stopped worrying about it.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    yea..mine does it too
    I haven't noticed this on mine, come to think of it, I haven't had most issues reported, weak slider, bad reception, and now this. My phone came in a whit box with 1.02 preloaded if it matters.
    My first Pre creaked a lot. So when I exchanged it due to screen and radio issues I checked the new one at the store and it didn't creak. Now it's just a day and a half later and the new one creaks more than the old one! Man, this is some low quality sh!t.
  8.    #8  
    I ended up using the same hi-tech trick as I did on my Touch Pro: put a couple of layers of masking tape on the inside of the battery door. Didn't totally solve the issue, but it doesn't bug me now.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    No creaking at all on this one. I've had it since release day and type on it a lot with email and on posts such as this.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    No problem with mine too.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    No creaking here.
    I wonder if the creaking just affects those people that have removed their battery door? Mine didn't start creaking until after I'd swapped in my Seidio battery.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    if it started after you removed the battery cover maybe you dont have it snapped tightly enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    if it started after you removed the battery cover maybe you dont have it snapped tightly enough
    That's what I thought too when I first noticed it. But the door is snapped on as far as it will go. But I'm not too concerned about the creaks. That's the least of my Pre's quality problems, unfortunately.