Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Here's a pic of it. The phone had it since I opened the box, and I'm wondering if I should return it for a different handset. My wife's Pre is fine, no dead pixels, no overheating, mine is fine too, except for this eyesore.

tinyurl [dot] com [slash] nojzeg
    (I can't post images or links yet...)

We would have seen it in store, but we jumped ship from Verizon, so never opened the boxes and turned the phones on until we got home. We instead passed a few hours until our Verizon handsets were de-activated, then unboxed them.

Would you return it for something like this?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I'll help.

http://tinyurl.com/nojzeg

Yes, I would exchange that. Definitely a defect.
    Go return that...NOW!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Go return that...NOW!
    Yup, manufacturing defect.
    OMG! lol dude return it man
    I haz bubble, gimme new Pre!!
    Water bubble? Could try leaving it in the sun lol or just return it..
    Sweat from some assembly line worker
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thanks for the opinions guys, I planned on returning it but felt that Sunday really was not the right day to be bothered with such things. It's definitely not water, it does not move and looks so small (at normal scale) that if it was water, it would have evaporated already.

Thanks again for the input, and other than this minor cosmetic flaw, the Pre is awesome!
    I have a bubble on my screen too... The funny thing is I don't remember it initially being there. It bothers me a little but i'll wait a little bit until they have more instore at Best Buy before exchaning it.

I'm trying to figure out if I kinda like it thou... It's a funny little quirk to have on a mass produced item :P
    Just POP it!! Problem solved : D!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Thanks for the opinions guys, I planned on returning it but felt that Sunday really was not the right day to be bothered with such things. It's definitely not water, it does not move and looks so small (at normal scale) that if it was water, it would have evaporated already.

Thanks again for the input, and other than this minor cosmetic flaw, the Pre is awesome!
    Did you get the phone exchanged yet? My husband and I got 2 Pres on the 6th and had to exchange them for the slider issue one 1 and faulty proximity sensor on the other. In the 2nd batch, his had the slider issue and mine seemed fine. So we exchanged his but now I noticed today that mine has a tiny bubble in the lower right edge of the screen! You really have to look closely to even see it but it's bothering me now. The phone is great otherwise, but geez 3 exchanges for each of us in 1 week? So tired of getting the run around with the stores, getting put on waiting lists, etc. Guess I'll try another store tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Went to the Sprint store today, they said they'll exchange it for a new one. I was told that I should get a new one in by Tuesday. Will keep you all updated.

Sucks about the faulty proximity sensor, hope you can get the bubble issue sorted out as well.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Went to the Sprint store today, they said they'll exchange it for a new one. I was told that I should get a new one in by Tuesday. Will keep you all updated.

Sucks about the faulty proximity sensor, hope you can get the bubble issue sorted out as well.
    That's freaky. I have the same spot at almost the same place! Did you buy yours at Sprint? (bought mine at RadioShack)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I got mine at Sprint, just my local Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I had the same spot, but the opposite side. I bought mine from a Sprint store. They exchanged it out with no problem.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Here's mine:

I have a "screen bubble" as well. It's right on the very edge of the screen on the left side. Literally right on the edge of the screen, depending on how I tilt the Pre it's either on the screen or off. Haven't decided whether I want to exchange or not, I guess I should, since it is a manufacturing defect. I'm just afraid of getting another Pre with some other problem!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    I have a "screen bubble" as well. It's right on the very edge of the screen on the left side. Literally right on the edge of the screen, depending on how I tilt the Pre it's either on the screen or off. Haven't decided whether I want to exchange or not, I guess I should, since it is a manufacturing defect. I'm just afraid of getting another Pre with some other problem!
    I have that same fear. I am afraid that I'll exchange it and get a new handset with a different issue that is not as easily ignored.
    Here is my bubble (returned for Pre #3)
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1686263
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast