Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Here's a pic of it. The phone had it since I opened the box, and I'm wondering if I should return it for a different handset. My wife's Pre is fine, no dead pixels, no overheating, mine is fine too, except for this eyesore.

tinyurl [dot] com [slash] nojzeg
    (I can't post images or links yet...)

We would have seen it in store, but we jumped ship from Verizon, so never opened the boxes and turned the phones on until we got home. We instead passed a few hours until our Verizon handsets were de-activated, then unboxed them.

Would you return it for something like this?

It goes without saying that you need to exchange your Pre, Pronto!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    I have a "screen bubble" as well. It's right on the very edge of the screen on the left side. Literally right on the edge of the screen, depending on how I tilt the Pre it's either on the screen or off. Haven't decided whether I want to exchange or not, I guess I should, since it is a manufacturing defect. I'm just afraid of getting another Pre with some other problem!
    just got my Screen bubble to the extreme side of the screen and have the same concerns, if i exchange it will i get a wobbly screen or other issues people here are talking about? Damn my phone was flawless until this...

it doesn't bother me that much since its barely visible and it doesn't in any way affect the screen but it is a defect.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    just got my Screen bubble to the extreme side of the screen and have the same concerns, if i exchange it will i get a wobbly screen or other issues people here are talking about? Damn my phone was flawless until this...

it doesn't bother me that much since its barely visible and it doesn't in any way affect the screen but it is a defect.
    So do you mean this bubble thing appears after you use it for a few days/week or was it there already but you didn't mind to return it?
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post

+1
    I wonder how many of us are going to start experiencing these sort of problems after the 30 day return window. My 2nd Pre (current) has some dust under the screen in the middle towards the top (directly under the ear piece), and I know for a fact it wasn't there when I got it. To me, this speaks to a screen that isn't properly sealed (and likely means MORE dust will get in there).

After the 30 day mark, these types of issues should fall under the manufacturer warranty and supported by Sprint (or so it seems). If I get a bubble next month, or 5 months from now - I would expect them to replace the phone. Even if it is a refurb, that'd be fine with me as long as it doesn't have any glaring issues.

It is really surprising how many people continue to have problems with their devices. My brother's ear piece no longer works, so he is stuck using speakerphone - my co-worker has a dead pixel... my good friend had 8 dead pixels.

Most people I know or have read about seem to be on their 2nd Pre (at least). What a shame!
    Mine showed up after about a week of use.
    I have a bubble too, it's really distracting =[ I am going to return it..
    dang. i would return it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12