1.    #1  
    i cant figure this out for nothing...this was one of the main things that attracted me to this phone.

thank you in advance for any help given.
    Go to calendar then preferences and accounts then click on which calendar you would like to edit for example: google, exchange, or facebook and tap on one of them, then when you see what color it is tap on that and you will see all the diff colors.
    Calendar entries are color coded by which calendar they are in: facebook, google, palm profile, etc. You can choose a color for each calendar.
  4.    #4  
    what about if you manually enter your events?

i tried the outlook one and everything came out the same color but i want thing for work to be one color, out of town trips to be a different. its not letting me do that. do i have to use google for work. outlook for trips and facebook for personal events to make this happen?
    chedda don't forget you also can use palm profile to add events on your pre although these wont show up on your google or exchange but I use palm profile for all my personal events bc I don't really need my personal events mixed with my exchange or gmail.
  6.    #6  
    thanks man.... im just soo confused on this, why so difficult to just add events yourself and color code them like you used to be able to on the Treos. like for ex: work = green, personal = blue, wifey plans = pink, lakers game = purple, cowboys game= silver. just stuff like that.

so basically now id have to use outlook for work, palm profile for personal, google calendar for others. only 3 colors.

am i understanding correctly?
    What I do is palm profile green for personal, red for google, orango for exchange but don't forget you can also add your favorite teams schedule to your pre in the example you mentioned the lakers and you can choose their schedule to show up in purple. I have the dolphins in teal and the giants in dark blue pretty sweet!
  8.    #8  
    preman you have been VERY helpful. i am making an account with google so i can do the color code thing. also, is exchange same as outlook?

one more thing, how did you add your teams and do the color thing? thats huge for me!
    Chedda my pleasure dude and yup exchange is outlook. Congrats on your lakers tonight and here you go bro! If you need anything else don't hesitate man!

1. Go to yahoo sports click on a sport then click on your team and then click on scores and schedules.

2. Once you do this, look at the top left and right click on ical and select copy shortcut.

3. Open gmail and go to calendar then under other calendar's click add and select "add by url"

4. Paste the link you copied in the box and click add calendar. Then sync Pre and VOILA!

Enjoy!!!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I have to ask. I tried to use Google calendar and its frustrating mostly due to the fact that birthdays don't translate from calender to gmail or from contacts on the Pre to calender.

Also I had an event all day on google calendar for a day and it didn't show on the month view on the Pre, but it shows when I click on the day. This doesn't help me at all.
  11.    #11  
    thanks again. i wish that made this like the treo where everything could have its own color and it showed lil dots in month view. why change a good thing. palm HAD the best calendars IMO....
  12.    #12  
    I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! a lil difficult but i got it. i just kept making NEW calendars in gmail and named them what i wanted them to represent and gave them colors a total of 9 groups with 8 different colors!!!!

its beautiful!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    H-m-m. That sounds like a great idea--followed your steps--doesn't work for me.
  14.    #14  
    what steps are you talking about oron? mine or the sports one?
  15. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
    I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! a lil difficult but i got it. i just kept making NEW calendars in gmail and named them what i wanted them to represent and gave them colors a total of 9 groups with 8 different colors!!!!

its beautiful!!!!!!
    I just did the same and this is one of the biggest annoyances I have had so far with the Pre! I still wish it would show the colors on the month view, but this is alot better than what I was left with before.

Thanx again!

its beautiful!!!!!!
    Just out of curiosity, what did you do ? Did you get the colors to show up on month view, or were you able to have all day events show up on month view ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

its beautiful!!!!!!
    Please keep this thread going. I use a Treo and am totally organized around color-coded events in the calendar's week view. I am trying to find out if this is possible on the Pre before I purchase one. Chedda--does your post mean that every time I want to enter an event I have to switch calendars?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rego1166 View Post
    Please keep this thread going. I use a Treo and am totally organized around color-coded events in the calendar's week view. I am trying to find out if this is possible on the Pre before I purchase one. Chedda--does your post mean that every time I want to enter an event I have to switch calendars?
    I was also a heavy user of color-coding on my Treos. If you think of the "calendar" as the new "category" then this is easier to wrap your head around. Google allows you to have several calendars, and you can assign a different color to each calendar. So if you just make a calendar in Google for each of your "categories", you'll essentially have the same system you did in your Treo. At least that's how I did it. Then on your Pre you can view all calendars (categories) at once on the same view, or just view them one at a time. The top right of the calendar screen should have a drop down that says "ALL" or whatever the current calendar selected is, and you can then use it to filter your calendars (categories). Good luck!
    Last edited by Jaer57; 06/28/2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: typos
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Hello all,
    I am a loyal Treo user and LOVE the very functional color coding of the calendar. I live and die by this feature. I color code about 2 dozen events each day and then as I complete each appointment or task I change the color to one I designated as "Done" which for me is orange. This helps me track what is done and what is left to do and for which categories I still have tasks/appointments.

I am on my 8th remanufactured 755p as Verizon only carries the Centro now which is just too small for my needs. I finally gave up wating for a new Treo on Verizon and upgraded to try the Droid. (I just found out Verizon will get the Pre so I will likely return the Droid and hold out for the Pre. This issue seems to prevail no matter which device I use so I will continue to seek an answer to my problem...)

I re-created my categories into different google calendars to try to work around the color coding issue. While this is definitely not as convenient as Palm's system it will accomplish the color coding. The big issue now is that when it synchs to the Droid I have access to see each color coded calendar, but I don't have the ability to change from a "personal" calendar to a "done" calendar to show that I have completed that task for that day. I also don't like that the monthy view shows up as all green versus the color coding of the Palm.

So my questions are:
    1) does anyone have a way around this for me so I can change an item from one google calendar to another on the actual phone, not google on my computer?
    2) does the Pre NOT have a color coding function at all? I've read many posts about interacting w/ google calendar, but that really just puts me back where I am now....frustrated!
    3) can I synch Microsoft Outlook calendar to the Droid or the Pre without first converting to google calendar? that will eliminate my color coding functionality right there. And if so can I change events on the actual phone?
    4) does anyone know of software I can purchase to use my Palm destop software on either Droid or Pre? I tried companionlink and it did bring events over but they are not color coded at all.

I feel like Palm might have taken away the thing that has kept me so very loyal to them all these years...the simple, seamless, and very functional calendar....please help!!!!!