Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Has anybody found any application or online service that works through the Pre's browser that would allow me to create a profile where I can put together podcasts that could be streamable as MP3 files online?

I've tried using Orb and wasn't successful getting the phone to playback anything.

I used to use a program called BerryTunes on my Blackberry that would do the essentially let you type in the URL or XML/RSS feed where it would populate playlists of podcasts or let you stream radio live through the network.

I haven't had much luck coming up with a workable solution and was wondering if anybody knew of a way to do this.

Thanks in advance
    I'm looking for the same. I had used Pocket Tunes and Kinoma which worked great.

I'm hoping they will make something for the Pre. I am hopeful.

You can try and use the Classic application for the Pre to run those applications on the Pre but Kinoma wants a new serial number and I'm not willing to pay for it at this moment.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    You can try and use the Classic application for the Pre to run those applications on the Pre but Kinoma wants a new serial number...
    The normal I'm-moving-to-a-new-phone process should work, i.e. you should just be able to click "Need your installer or purchase key?" at Kinoma - Kinoma Support to get a fresh installer to use with Classic.

If that doesn't work for you, just contact support and they'll be glad to help you out (or escalate with the folks who make Classic if it doesn't work properly).

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    The normal I'm-moving-to-a-new-phone process should work, i.e. you should just be able to click "Need your installer or purchase key?" at Kinoma - Kinoma Support to get a fresh installer to use with Classic.

If that doesn't work for you, just contact support and they'll be glad to help you out (or escalate with the folks who make Classic if it doesn't work properly).

-- Charles Wiltgen

How long till we see Kinoma for the Palm Pre? I have it on my Treo 755p and I loved it, but now after playing so much with classic and kinoma, I just can't get anything but audio and video errors in classic.
    I thought Classic didn't do sound yet, though they've said the next version will.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Double thanks, I didn't realize that. Great! But is it worth purchasing Classic. I really just want a new application that will work with the Pre that's the best solution in the long run.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I have google reader list the feeds of the podcast. I use the iPhone version of the site. I then click 'read original' to start streaming. Works great, and is pretty simple to setup/use
    I like NetVibes (m.netvibes.com for the mobile version).
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did not know if this worked, but I just tried it and it works great. Good subsitute for Kinoma.

Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I have google reader list the feeds of the podcast. I use the iPhone version of the site. I then click 'read original' to start streaming. Works great, and is pretty simple to setup/use
    When trying to get this working, I'm not seeing the podcasts on the pre. I tried setting Google to be Classic instead of Mobile, but then the page doesn't draw properly (and I still can't get to the streams).
    Any other further tips on getting Google Reader to work?

Thanks
    baldric
    I tried this Netvibes, looks like something good. But I don't think it can do streaming radio or music only a podcast.

I think we are talking about streaming 'LIVE' stuff not podcasts.

But I will play around with it.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I think we are talking about streaming 'LIVE' stuff not podcasts.
    Sorry, I was addressing the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    podcasts that could be streamable as MP3 files online
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    How long till we see Kinoma for the Palm Pre?
    Honestly, I don't know.

We've announced that we're working on Symbian support, so I'm afraid we won't be discussing support for other OSs until well after Kinoma Play for Symbian has been released.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Darn...thats a disappointment! I was hoping that you guys would be jumping over to feed my streaming needs! Maybe it wont be too long...
    You need to find the RSS feed for the stream. I have 9 that I use, but only 8 of them work.

Jacob

QUOTE=baldric;1682169]When trying to get this working, I'm not seeing the podcasts on the pre. I tried setting Google to be Classic instead of Mobile, but then the page doesn't draw properly (and I still can't get to the streams).
    Any other further tips on getting Google Reader to work?

Thanks
    baldric[/QUOTE]
    i think this is slightly different but has anyone tried to use pulptunes to stream their home music collection to their palm over the net?
    i used to use voiceindigo.com on my 755p i havent tried it yet on my Pre
    usliveradio.com

Look closely there's a little icon that tells whether its mp3 stream or whatever
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast