Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. #21  
    I couldn't make mobtuner work it just streams the commercial then it stops. Looking for some links for some talk radio
  2. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
       #22  
    For me ultimately I'm looking for a way that I can stream Leo Laporte's TWiT Live stream on the Pre.

    The URL stream address is: http://www.twit.am/listen.m3u

    The live stream will work for about 15 seconds and then just cut off.

    Thanks for suggesting Google reader... That seems to work for managing the podcasts.
  3. #23  
    Well Charles@Kinoma,

    I got it install with a new serial number after doing what your said.

    Kinoma runs fine, except I can't stream. After selecting my station it starts to buffer the data and then errors out saying: unsupported file format'.

    I wrote Kinoma a tech support requests and they told me to go to MotionApps to verify if Kinoma will run with Classic.

    I guess I was getting the blow off.

    However, I followed their instruction and wrote MotionApps but haven't heard back from them.

    The joke is that I told in my tech support question, that Kinoma seems to run fine, and it gets so far as to tell me it''s downloading an unsupported file format.

    It is a channel that does work using my Treo 650.

    So it's either a codec with Classic or a codec within the Pre?

    I guess I just wasted my money on MotionApps Classic, since everyone said Kinoma works.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  4. mabmarc's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekesqueaky View Post
    I like NetVibes (m.netvibes.com for the mobile version).
    Netvibes works well. The interface was a little bit tricky at first. But now I have a tab called Podcasts and I have 8 podcasts setup. It shows the 7 most recent podcasts for each feed. Nice interface. Works better for me than Google reader. Google reader works great for RSS feeds, not as good for podcasts to me.

    I shared the tab if anyone wants it. I will be adding more podcasts to it shortly.

    Netvibes
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
  5. #25  
    ya know i haven't tried it since i i can't get a fricken pre yet but come to think of it, i think Pulptunes will stream your itunes so assuming the podcasts are in itunes i think it will work. it works with winamp too. maybe give that a try. i've only used it on a laptop though and really haven't tested it with podcasts.
  6. #26  
    Rob,

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Kinoma runs fine, except I can't stream. After selecting my station it starts to buffer the data and then errors out saying: unsupported file format'.
    Thanks for reporting back, and I'll let our support folks know.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I wrote Kinoma a tech support requests and they told me to go to MotionApps to verify if Kinoma will run with Classic. I guess I was getting the blow off.
    Certainly not from us. We've been trying to get a statement from them about Kinoma Player 4 EX compatibility, but in the meantime all we can do is refer Classic users to MotionApps for support.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    However, I followed their instruction and wrote MotionApps but haven't heard back from them.
    I'm sure they'll get back to you. Kinoma Player 4 EX is a well-behaved Palm OS app that other emulators (StyleTap, Access Garnet VM) support just fine, so there's no reason Classic shouldn't be able to as well.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  7. mabmarc's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    ya know i haven't tried it since i i can't get a fricken pre yet but come to think of it, i think Pulptunes will stream your itunes so assuming the podcasts are in itunes i think it will work. it works with winamp too. maybe give that a try. i've only used it on a laptop though and really haven't tested it with podcasts.
    I tried the Pulptunes demo site and was not able to stream music. The browser requested that I install flash player to listen to music. Is there a mobile site that doesn't require flash?
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    For me ultimately I'm looking for a way that I can stream Leo Laporte's TWiT Live stream on the Pre.

    The URL stream address is: http://www.twit.am/listen.m3u

    The live stream will work for about 15 seconds and then just cut off.

    Thanks for suggesting Google reader... That seems to work for managing the podcasts.
    I book-marked his site and just click on the 'Download mp3' to start streaming. The Pre will handle the rest. Unfortunately, if the stream is interrupted, it will not remember where you left off. That is where you have to remember the timeline of where you were and you can scrub it to get back up to speed. Its not as elegant as Kinoma's PalmOS solution, but it works.

    I also just started using the Google Reader for podcasts (been using it as my RSS feed reader for over a year now) and that also works well. I use it for Buzz Out Loud and Precentral.net.
  9. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
       #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I book-marked his site and just click on the 'Download mp3' to start streaming. The Pre will handle the rest. Unfortunately, if the stream is interrupted, it will not remember where you left off. That is where you have to remember the timeline of where you were and you can scrub it to get back up to speed. Its not as elegant as Kinoma's PalmOS solution, but it works.

    I also just started using the Google Reader for podcasts (been using it as my RSS feed reader for over a year now) and that also works well. I use it for Buzz Out Loud and Precentral.net.
    If I go to the his site, and click on the URL to stream the podcast, I get a spinning circle on my end, eventually I'll see the stream timer display 15 seconds... Nothing will happen until I hit the play button of which it'll only play the 15 seconds of the stream before it cuts out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #30  
    PLEASE make a WebOS version of Kinoma ASAP!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    If I go to the his site, and click on the URL to stream the podcast, I get a spinning circle on my end, eventually I'll see the stream timer display 15 seconds... Nothing will happen until I hit the play button of which it'll only play the 15 seconds of the stream before it cuts out.
    I get the entire podcast.

    I also get the video version of CNET Live, Buzz Out Loud, and other podcasts. I aggregate all of my podcasts into Google Reader and watch them from there. Maybe a reboot is in your near future...
  12. #32  
    My Rss feeds from my Google page Play right from browser i click the link and pre opens it music player and plays the Podcast ( mp3 file.

    Works fine
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    For me ultimately I'm looking for a way that I can stream Leo Laporte's TWiT Live stream on the Pre.

    The URL stream address is: http://www.twit.am/listen.m3u

    The live stream will work for about 15 seconds and then just cut off.

    Thanks for suggesting Google reader... That seems to work for managing the podcasts.
    I Love TWIT I listen to Leos Shows every week, TTG and TWIT I also like FLOSS Weekly Try going to KFI 640 am and listen live from there. I have RSS feeds of TWIT and TTG and I play the feeds directly through the phone, i am listen to show 570 now.
  14. #34  
    What link are you usng?

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  15. #35  
  16. dagold99's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #36  
    I finally figured out how to stream internet radio to the Pre using ORB. You need to go into your setting in orb on your pc. Than go into setting, streaming format and check 3gp. You than need to add the radio station to your favorite channels. I am now streaming wfan and twit live. The url for twit live is: http://twit.am:80/listen. After all that than use your pre to log into orb and go to your favorite channels and it should stream. Remember to check the 3gp-acc format on your pre. Good luck
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    . I am now streaming wfan and twit live.
    How exactly do you configure orb to stream the fan?
  18. #38  
    Oh yeah, baby! With the new firmware upgrade came a new version of Classic that enables audio. Sure enough, TCPMP now works on it and I've got my favorite radio stations streaming via ASX including WCBS, WINS, WFNX, WTOP, KNX, KFWB, KSL, KROQ and KROQ-HD! Classic's ROM unfortunately doesn't access the Pre's Bluetooth stack, so I'm stuck using the speaker or wired headphones, but this is a huge step in the right direction. Maybe even enough to get me to cough up $30 for Classic when my trial expires tomorrow.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    I don't know how well M3U support goes, but I've been working on a Shoutcast app and my streaming is *perfect* thrrough the internal streaming app (which is what that M3U invoked). Once I get the menu trees built and the app prettied up, well, I'll let it loose. (Maybe even send it to Palm even though I'm not inside the SDK program.)

    PLS files also work like a dream, btw.
    Ooh! I'd be very interested, although I suspect that the device would have to be rooted to install this app?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
  20. #40  
    Understood, and good luck with it. I just need to learn some patience. ;-) As I know no Linux whatsoever I'm very reluctant to root the thing for fear of bricking it.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions