1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    Without using your phone just having the screen off (but the phone actually on) how long does your battery last? Mine only lasts for 10 hours or so with no use, which is really disappointing.
    This is what really suprises me, the extreme variability everyone is experiencing in battery life on standby and with daily use. I have to say mine has been exceptional. Bought it on 6/06 and at first the battery lasted barely a day, but has dramatically improved since then

My warranty date is 5/09. I have no issues with the phone; perfect screen save 1 dead pixel. In standby, screen off, GPS off, bluetooth off, wifi off, I have gotten a day and half (36hrs) of battery life. Even then there was still 14% battery life when I decided not to let the battery go completely dead due to recharging issues some here have been having.

With actual usage, off the charger at 8am with 100% charge, gmail set to receive, moderate texting, 10 min of web on EVDO, and two 10 minute calls, I'm at 75% at 4pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by skado View Post
    In standby, screen off, GPS off, bluetooth off, wifi off, I have gotten a day and half (36hrs) of battery life. Even then there was still 14% battery life when I decided not to let the battery go completely dead due to recharging issues some here have been having.
    That's not good standby time, that's awful. Most phones (including smartphones) have standby times in the range of 100 hours (4+ days) to 300 hours in standby. For example, my iPhone will go 6 days or more if I leave it in standby and don't touch it. And I don't have to turn all the features off either.
    Quote Originally Posted by applepioneer121 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Without using your phone just having the screen off (but the phone actually on) how long does your battery last? Mine only lasts for 10 hours or so with no use, which is really disappointing.
    With NO use, I go through about 1% every 2-3 hours depending on signal... longest I've ever not used it is 4 hours though when not charging so I'm not sure how it would hold up long but at that rate it would last between 200-300 hours which is what its rated for.

With light use was about 20% over 8 hours. Heavy use it dies in about 4 hours.
    I returned mine since I lost around 5% (give/take a little) per hour when doing nothing. Everything off but two gmail accounts, which I tried various checking intervals for...didn't seem to make much difference. Still, that's better than 10 hours... that is really bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    With NO use, I go through about 1% every 2-3 hours depending on signal... longest I've ever not used it is 4 hours though when not charging so I'm not sure how it would hold up long but at that rate it would last between 200-300 hours which is what its rated for.

With light use was about 20% over 8 hours. Heavy use it dies in about 4 hours.
    Good God! I wish I had your Pre! You lose only 1% every 2-3 hours in standby? You only lose 20% over 8 hours of light use? That's outstanding! What type of battery are you using? What are your settings?